Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The occasional flash of brilliance but on the whole very inconsistent, and always looks knackered. Add to that the fact that he isn't really a team player, and you have more than enough reasons to move him on.
I don't think he is suited to English football. Shame really because he is a nice kid.

The same 3-5-2 formation will not be fruitful facing teams in the bottom half, esp at home where they will sit back. Crystal Palace, West Ham, Sunderland etc will not be coming to goodison for 70% possession like Man City. We won't be needing 3 DMs, 3 CBs and 2 WBs against such teams. Its about being flexible tactically and knowing which player is useful in different situations.

Del is no Mcgeady or Kone. He is much better than that. Ronny needs to be less stubborn I think. All good managers are.
Mcgeady at Del's age was a far better player, played in Europe every year and never shyed away from a tackle. Where as the slightest physical contact, Del looses interest and hides from the ball. I think RK knows he would be better off on the continent.

I think Koeman would love having Del as a bench option.

The issue is the player doesn't want to be a bench option.

No player should "want" to be a bench option.

They should be wanting to start every game.

And having started and played very well at Watford, Del has hardly even been on the bench in an EPL game since, if at all.

Terrible shame if this lad is really leaving.

Hopefully it will only be a loan and he impresses in Italy and we see him back here in August.

No player should "want" to be a bench option.

They should be wanting to start every game.

And having started and played very well at Watford, Del has hardly even been on the bench in an EPL game since, if at all.

Terrible shame if this lad is really leaving.

Hopefully it will only be a loan and he impresses in Italy and we see him back here in August.

He has no future here.

Martinez dropped him ASAP and Ronnys done the same.

The same 3-5-2 formation will not be fruitful facing teams in the bottom half, esp at home where they will sit back. Crystal Palace, West Ham, Sunderland etc will not be coming to goodison for 70% possession like Man City. We won't be needing 3 DMs, 3 CBs and 2 WBs against such teams. Its about being flexible tactically and knowing which player is useful in different situations.

Del is no Mcgeady or Kone. He is much better than that. Ronny needs to be less stubborn I think. All good managers are.

Indeed, Faddy.

Koeman should be working on ways to incorporate Del's talents into the team.

Mcgeady at Del's age was a far better player, played in Europe every year and never shyed away from a tackle. Where as the slightest physical contact, Del looses interest and hides from the ball. I think RK knows he would be better off on the continent.

McGeady must have been pretty good.

He was never the same after he came back from Russia.

I hope Del benefits from his spell in Italy and comes back a stronger player ;)

Milan's terms if agreed is a joke. If he flops they will send him back come Summer. I said it last December, Italian clubs are masters in getting cheap loans and if they want to buy in Summer they will try not to pay much either and succeed. Galliani is prepared to go to Barcellona to facilitate the deal. Either sell him to M Boro for good money or keep him, he may come handy

So Sir Alex F wasn't a good manager ? because he was certainly stubborn

I'd say quite the opposite. In all his time he evolved over time and adapted. He had enigmas like Cantona who were ego maniac, he had Roy Keane like wolfs, he had selfish players like Ronaldo, Nani and one of the most lazy players in Berbatov.

They were all very different. SAF never adhered to one particular style and never shipped a player out cos he didn't tackle, or didn't track back or wasn't physical enough as long as they had something to offer which could help the team win.

When it came to discipline and overall attitude, he was stubborn as should every manager.

Milan's terms if agreed is a joke. If he flops they will send him back come Summer. I said it last December, Italian clubs are masters in getting cheap loans and if they want to buy in Summer they will try not to pay much either and succeed. Galliani is prepared to go to Barcellona to facilitate the deal. Either sell him to M Boro for good money or keep him, he may come handy

Exactly this. Sell him to the highest bidder. Make things clear to Del.

People need to get real here. The kid is an utter weakling. He has the physical presence of an U11. He hasn't scored since 2015. He can't play more than half an hour without being goosed. He offers as much tracking back as Dimitar Berbatov. He can't even dive properly.

Basically if we are looking to progress, and I'm fairly sure we are. Then we need rid of these kind of mentally weak players. He's a nice kid and undoubtedly talented. But there's no place for players like him going forward and we should take a good fee and move on.

People need to get real here. The kid is an utter weakling. He has the physical presence of an U11. He hasn't scored since 2015. He can't play more than half an hour without being goosed. He offers as much tracking back as Dimitar Berbatov. He can't even dive properly.

Basically if we are looking to progress, and I'm fairly sure we are. Then we need rid of these kind of mentally weak players. He's a nice kid and undoubtedly talented. But there's no place for players like him going forward and we should take a good fee and move on.
Sadly you're right.

Career wise of the touted clubs after him the obvious one he should go too is Ajax, and if we are looking to get as much as we can for him then would suit us as well, chances are he'd score a bucketload in that league playing for them, as none of his weak parts of his game will be shown up.

Loan him there and sell him in the summer

Oh yeah and use it as a way to try get Dolberg off them

Career wise of the touted clubs after him the obvious one he should go too is Ajax, and if we are looking to get as much as we can for him then would suit us as well, chances are he'd score a bucketload in that league playing for them, as none of his weak parts of his game will be shown up.

Loan him there and sell him in the summer

Oh yeah and use it as a way to try get Dolberg off them

No chance Dolberg would come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.