Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think he's such a talented player who still has so much potential, letting him go just doesn't sit well with me.

If Koeman simply doesn't rate him and Del has reached the point where he doesn't want to be here any more then the club might be left with no choice.

Seems as though Galliani is about to do the dirty on us with Barca if what's been on football italia is correct.

“The positions are very simple: we’re offering a straight loan, or a loan with an option to buy. They’re asking for a loan with obligation.

“You’re all well aware that we can’t do loans with obligations because of contractual commitments [with the new owners].

“Will I go to Spain to talk with Barcelona? I’m ready for anything, the only thing we can’t do is a loan with obligation.”

Could get Barca to buy him out of the clause he has in his contract in order to loan to AC Milan for a possible fee at the end of it. Even if they decide against it he might've have shown more for Milan than he is likely to do from our bench to attract other suitors...

Seems as though Galliani is about to do the dirty on us with Barca if what's been on football italia is correct.

“The positions are very simple: we’re offering a straight loan, or a loan with an option to buy. They’re asking for a loan with obligation.

“You’re all well aware that we can’t do loans with obligations because of contractual commitments [with the new owners].

“Will I go to Spain to talk with Barcelona? I’m ready for anything, the only thing we can’t do is a loan with obligation.”

Could get Barca to buy him out of the clause he has in his contract in order to loan to AC Milan for a possible fee at the end of it. Even if they decide against it he might've have shown more for Milan than he is likely to do from our bench to attract other suitors...

Barca cant buy him to sell or loan him.

He must remain a Barca player for 12months after they "sign" him.

The winger has been in fine form recently for Everton and Spain Under-21s, scoring a hat-trick against Georgia and twice against Croatia during the international break having been named captain for the European Championship qualifiers. Deulofeu’s development is being closely monitored by Barcelona and it has been suggested that, even if the player does not feature in Luis Enrique’s first-team plans, the Spanish champions could re-sign him with a view to selling on at a profit.

But Martínez explained: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is €9m for the first year and €12m in the second year.

“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season. At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it. That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

I thought Barca's buy back clause is only relivent in the summer transfer window?

The winger has been in fine form recently for Everton and Spain Under-21s, scoring a hat-trick against Georgia and twice against Croatia during the international break having been named captain for the European Championship qualifiers. Deulofeu’s development is being closely monitored by Barcelona and it has been suggested that, even if the player does not feature in Luis Enrique’s first-team plans, the Spanish champions could re-sign him with a view to selling on at a profit.

But Martínez explained: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is €9m for the first year and €12m in the second year.

“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season. At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it. That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

i bet martinez read it and its all the other way round...

Seems we've got that Ted over a barrel. All our loans seem to include obligation clauses, very clever stuff.

This Galliani...better paid up or shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.