2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw your post earlier about Holgate, Mina and Keane being up for sale in Jan.

Anyone else of the current squad? From media sources?
Well I know for a fact Keane is trying for a move based on something he's actually done (or his reps have) this week, though in all fairness it's been in the wider press that Everton aren't wanting him to stick around. They'd have been open to him leaving in the summer I reckon, just those injuries hit at a bad time.

Not sure on the 'media sources' bit but think it was actually reported elsewhere today about Holgate too. FWIW I just had that Everton wouldn't say no, basically, if the right deal was there. But they won't be selling two CBs unless JB comes back from PSV.

Mina - I don't think I mentioned a possible sale, just that he'd be sticking around until the summer as de facto 3rd choice. But IMO, not based on anything other than common sense, then if they can't shift Keane/Holgate, and someone came in for Mina, they'd obviously cash in. He's only getting a new deal, and that would only be short-term, if he can stay fit and even then it's very unlikely because we wouldn't pay him close to what he's on now, which I think is about 100k and one of our highest earners.

i can raise him a january wondow to try and address upfront
Agree to a certain extent, but there also needs to be an element of being able to give any new manager, should they decide to remove him from his position, to have an opportunity to get their own players.

2 dates stand out to me, today with the 6 week break and then January 21st where we don`t play again till 4th February...

Its not been good enough so far, other than the Palace game when have we played well and put a performance in? Yes we have gone on a 6 game unbeaten run but we didn`t really play well in all them and since the Palace game we have been dreadful.

I also agree we cant keep sacking managers, at some point we need to stick but by the same token you cant keep a manager that wins 3 in 15 games just because we cant be seen to be sacking another manager... If he cant do the job he cant do it, it is as simple as that.

Anyway lets hope this is where he turns it around and we can move forward, if he cant I fear the board could be ready to pull the plug because there is more of the fanbase turning by the game.

“There are a lot of parts to it,” Lampard said of the transfer strategy. “The first thing is for the bigger part of the [summer] window Dominic was fit so you’re thinking ‘Dominic plus one’ and Neal Maupay comes in. Then we’ve got two good options, and Salomón Rondón at the time, and you’re thinking: ‘OK, we can work with that’.

facepalm-head-in-hand.gif

We can and should if he’s not producing the results to keep us in the league.

Let’s sleep walk into the championship because we don’t want to change a manager with 9 wins in 9 months.
This idea we can't keep changing managers is nonsense, of course we can, we don't want to becuase we want one to work, but if he isn't we have to try and find one who does.
Which isn't going to be easy.

“There are a lot of parts to it,” Lampard said of the transfer strategy. “The first thing is for the bigger part of the [summer] window Dominic was fit so you’re thinking ‘Dominic plus one’ and Neal Maupay comes in. Then we’ve got two good options, and Salomón Rondón at the time, and you’re thinking: ‘OK, we can work with that’.

facepalm-head-in-hand.gif
To be fair to him, he couldn’t very well have said the truth.

‘There are lots of parts to it. When I came in here all of the players were crap except Pickford and Richarlison. I managed to make a few of them less crap like Iwobi because I’m a good manager but come on, Michael Keane? Rondon? Tosun? Give me something to work with. Anyway, because we’re crap and skint we had to sell Richy. Then I knew we’d get relegated if we kept shipping goals so I sorted the defence and defensive midfield as priority. I didn’t have much money and Burnley let us buy McNeil on Klarna so we had a crack. He’s not really very good unfortunately. Looking forward to begging for more cash in the next window and maybe punting some more chancers on big money to sort the FFP.’

On the subject of "shoes of brown" he is the only manager who tried something different and like him or loathe him it worked.

Some say he couldn't marshal a defence which inevitably sowed the seeds of his downfall my view is different he just didn't have the dough to completely disinfect the squad of the ageing Moyes squad and fill it with equivalents or better. Bringing in decent footballers happy with an attacking strategy would likely have made a huge difference both on the pitch and off the pitch some Moyes recruits clearly weren't on board with the Martinez strategy and it showed. It was a festering boil that needed lancing.

The fact his financial constraints ended up with a McCready on board speaks volumes.

Loved Bobbys courage in trying to grasp NSNO and delighted at how well he's done at Belgium but he would be mad to return - never go back.

1668246698548.png

I certainly would not consider replacing him before the transfer window he has to be given another window to sort out the attack.
I think the thoughts of sacking FL should wait until after the end of March when there are still 10 games to go and only then if we are cut away from the pack and in the bottom 3.
The next window is crucial for Frank I really hope he gets it right.
Do we even have any funds for the next window? It was only a few months ago that we were all discussing breaching profit/loss rules.

On the subject of "shoes of brown" he is the only manager who tried something different and like him or loathe him it worked.

Some say he couldn't marshal a defence which inevitably sowed the seeds of his downfall my view is different he just didn't have the dough to completely disinfect the squad of the ageing Moyes squad and fill it with equivalents or better. Bringing in decent footballers happy with an attacking strategy would likely have made a huge difference both on the pitch and off the pitch some Moyes recruits clearly weren't on board with the Martinez strategy and it showed. It was a festering boil that needed lancing.

The fact his financial constraints ended up with a McCready on board speaks volumes.

Loved Bobbys courage in trying to grasp NSNO and delighted at how well he's done at Belgium but he would be mad to return - never go back.

View attachment 190724
I personally wouldn't be against him coming back. Bring Lukaku with him and turn him into the beast he once was at Everton.

To be fair to him, he couldn’t very well have said the truth.

‘There are lots of parts to it. When I came in here all of the players were crap except Pickford and Richarlison. I managed to make a few of them less crap like Iwobi because I’m a good manager but come on, Michael Keane? Rondon? Tosun? Give me something to work with. Anyway, because we’re crap and skint we had to sell Richy. Then I knew we’d get relegated if we kept shipping goals so I sorted the defence and defensive midfield as priority. I didn’t have much money and Burnley let us buy McNeil on Klarna so we had a crack. He’s not really very good unfortunately. Looking forward to begging for more cash in the next window and maybe punting some more chancers on big money to sort the FFP.’
He needn't have had to say anything like that or what he did say if he'd exercised judgement over the resources he had upfront when Richarlison was sold.

It was a calamitous decision not to get a replacement in and it'll have us bottom 4 by the end of today in all likelihood.

I personally wouldn't be against him coming back. Bring Lukaku with him and turn him into the beast he once was at Everton.
his management style suits the international game imo, I think if Martinez came back into the PL now with teams playing the high press like they do he would get destroyed in most games. He is known as a great student of the game but also for being very stubborn, would he change his ways, not so sure myself.

I think beyond the internet a lot of Evertonians were sad at how it worked out probably understanding his first dramatic mix of loanees was a feat never to be matched and take your view. Personally I think he's a cracking manager and a perfect fit but you only have to read some of the vitriol on here to see he might be treading in Benitez style shoes if he attempted a return in which case they'd have him down the road at the first defeat.

He needn't have had to say anything like that or what he did say if he'd exercised judgement over the resources he had upfront when Richarlison was sold.

It was a calamitous decision not to get a replacement in and it'll have us bottom 4 by the end of today in all likelihood.

It will be a dark six weeks if a result isn’t posted today, it’s been a slog in here this week with the angst and mindsets are at a minimum questioning to maximum turning, hate to see what it would be like if we loose today and that peculates for six weeks.

Big game for the manager today in terms of mindset of the fan base and keeping the majority onside.

It will be a dark six weeks if a result isn’t posted today, it’s been s slog in here this week with the angst this week, hate to see what it would be like if we loose today and that peculates for six weeks.

Big game for the manager today in terms of mindset of the fan base.
Yep. A draw and we climb a couple of places over the weekend in all probability. That can steady the ship. A loss and we are an unhappy crew and facing the world cup with concerns over Everton.

I expect a big effort but no points, sadly. Who gets's the goals? A no scoreing or low scoring draw is our best shot here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.