2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. A draw and we climb a couple of places over the weekend in all probability. That can steady the ship. A loss and we are an unhappy crew and facing the world cup with concerns over Everton.

I expect a big effort but no points, sadly. Who gets's the goals? A no scoreing or low scoring draw is our best shot here today.

A draw might hold things depending on other results mate. If we loose do you think the club has a decision to make? There will be a turning amongst the fans.

Personally I don’t think a change of manager would change much, as you say it’s creativity and goals and we will be limping on that score until Jan.

I think we‘l be keeping it tight, fighting it out and hoping for a fluke, to nick it - like most games this year.

We absolutely have to get something out of this game though.

A draw might hold things depending on other results mate. If we loose do you think the club has a decision to make? There will be a turning amongst the fans.

Personally I don’t think a change manager would change much, as you say it’s creativity and goals and we will be limping on that score until Jan.

I think we‘l be keeping it tight, fighting it out and hoping for a fluke, to nick it - like most games this year.

We absolutely have to get something out of this game though.
It'd be the wrong solution IMO. The solution is in the transfer window.

FL made this crisis, no question. But I think it's easily fixable without destabilising the club and the work done since Lampard got here.

Perhaps we need to take a closer look at the Evertonians who seek to destabilise the club by chasing out every manager when they encounter a dip. Their entitlement, stupidity and short termism is comprising any Everton progress. They do worse to the club than any kopite.

All we asking really is that people keep their sheets on their beds.

On the subject of "shoes of brown" he is the only manager who tried something different and like him or loathe him it worked.

Some say he couldn't marshal a defence which inevitably sowed the seeds of his downfall my view is different he just didn't have the dough to completely disinfect the squad of the ageing Moyes squad and fill it with equivalents or better. Bringing in decent footballers happy with an attacking strategy would likely have made a huge difference both on the pitch and off the pitch some Moyes recruits clearly weren't on board with the Martinez strategy and it showed. It was a festering boil that needed lancing.

The fact his financial constraints ended up with a McCready on board speaks volumes.

Loved Bobbys courage in trying to grasp NSNO and delighted at how well he's done at Belgium but he would be mad to return - never go back.

The Spanish Southgate. Says all the right things, makes the right noises but ultimately just isn't very good. As for the 'decent footballers' you refer to, would that be the first bloke we got from a relegated Wigan side, or the second, or the third, or the fourth, or Oumar "the Senegalese Shevchenko" Niasse??...

Do we even have any funds for the next window? It was only a few months ago that we were all discussing breaching profit/loss rules.
I suspect there will be a bit of cash to play with but not tens of millions. Wouldn't surprise me if any sizeable business we do needs to be funded first by the sales of players like Gordon, Keane, Mina etc.

The Spanish Southgate. Says all the right things, makes the right noises but ultimately just isn't very good. As for the 'decent footballers' you refer to, would that be the first bloke we got from a relegated Wigan side, or the second, or the third, or the fourth, or Oumar "the Senegalese Shevchenko" Niasse??...
Thinking more like the 28m Rom tbh.

Agree to a certain extent, but there also needs to be an element of being able to give any new manager, should they decide to remove him from his position, to have an opportunity to get their own players.

2 dates stand out to me, today with the 6 week break and then January 21st where we don`t play again till 4th February...

Its not been good enough so far, other than the Palace game when have we played well and put a performance in? Yes we have gone on a 6 game unbeaten run but we didn`t really play well in all them and since the Palace game we have been dreadful.

I also agree we cant keep sacking managers, at some point we need to stick but by the same token you cant keep a manager that wins 3 in 15 games just because we cant be seen to be sacking another manager... If he cant do the job he cant do it, it is as simple as that.

Anyway lets hope this is where he turns it around and we can move forward, if he cant I fear the board could be ready to pull the plug because there is more of the fanbase turning by the game.

Are you aware how stupid this statement is?

Lampard and Thelwell have had one summer window to bring in players. Then 14 league games with several freak injuries.

After inheriting a squad of mostly dross and fighting relegation.

Now you want to sack this same manager without giving his new players time to gel...

...to bring in ANOTHER MANAGER and give them money for new players.

I mean how absolutely stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.