2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always had a feeling that we'd see Moyes again at some point. I don't think reappointing any manager is the right thing to do but can see the quotes of 'unfinished business' and Kenwright with the 'welcome home' rallying cry.
Moyes isn't leaving a relatively stable shop at West Ham to "come home" to work at Moshiri's mad house. Wouldn't be long before he'd probably get the boot just like everyone else has.

the reappointment of Bobby M would probably be great news for manufacturers of L-shaped sofas, as one would expect sales of said item to increase on Merseyside.

But, imo, they're the only parties that might be happy about such reappointment...

Lampard has to stay here for this season at least and the next. We cannot keep changing managers like we have been.

It is his job to get points. He isn't getting them.

He has added 9 players to the team. He cannot argue he has not brought in enough players of his own.

Things will only get worse with him. Not being able to agree an obvious alternative is no excuse to continue supporting Lampard.

I disagree.

I think we've seen him set up quite intelligently in games against Liverpool and a few others. The team were compact and disciplined and created a couple of chances per game to take.

His problem has been that we play tat most of the time - but dangerous tat who can cause us a headache - and he's instructing players to get on the ball and build up from their own half, but the players we have aren't good enough to withstand even minor pressing. That's why we need a more creative presence in the team and an outball to a real attacker who has mobility who can compete for long balls and come back to show for a pass from midfield.

I think we have to accept that he's been here 11 months and 1 transfer window and get behind him. For the next few months at the very least.

Great analysis mate.

Of course.

The only circumstances I'd get FL out under would be he buys them in January and still doesn't get wins.
I certainly would not consider replacing him before the transfer window he has to be given another window to sort out the attack.
I think the thoughts of sacking FL should wait until after the end of March when there are still 10 games to go and only then if we are cut away from the pack and in the bottom 3.
The next window is crucial for Frank I really hope he gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.