Francis Jeffers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree that it is commonly used especially by journalists and the Crown Prosecution but it is incorrect. And should not be brushed under the carpet.

This is a bizarre point for you to keep fighting.

The post said Jeffers “terrorised” his wife. Jeffers pleaded guilty to sending her threatening messages and was sentenced accordingly.

You also admit the word “terrorised” is common usage in both the media and with the CPS in the context of domestic abuse.

You originally tried to conflate it with terrorism, which is incorrect.

I don’t think using the term is inaccurate at all.

I have no idea about the domestic dispute or his divorce that Jeffers was involved in but you feel you have the right to judge him and imply that he should not be working for EFC. I understand that Jeffers apologized and he has paid the penalty and moved on. Not enough though is it for you?

He pleaded guilty to domestic abuse. He was then banned for drink driving and putting people’s lives at risk.

How many chances do you propose we give him before he damages the goodwill of our club?

Please watch the Alice Johnson speech at the RNC in the USA to see the power of forgiveness, compassion and acceptance.

No. I understand the power of compassion and don’t need a lecture from you on it.

I also believe that you have to accept the consequences of your actions and sometimes continuing to apologise is not sufficient and should not save your job, especially when you’re in the public eye and a position of responsibility.

Finally, I find it difficult to believe that the character of EFC fans could have changed from the wild, cynical, slightly dubious that I knew decades ago to a bunch of holier-than-thou, superior moral beings.

So, you’re happy to forgive Jeffers for his crimes, but in the same breath you brand all Evertonians a “wild, cynical and dubious” bunch.

You say that I don’t have the right to judge Jeffers, but you’ve literally just judged our entire fan base. It must be nice operating on a higher moral level to everyone else.

It was helter skelter football that no team can keep up for long.

The results and performances fell away after the win against Chelsea and draw against United. Having been knocked out by Leicester in the LC, we could clearly see he didn't have a clue by the Arsenal game at home. Subbing a sub after 5 minutes underlined what a clown he is.
Yep. Dead cat bounce

I do not think it is acceptable behviour. As it is not acceptable to people who have lost family in terrorist attacks that the word 'terrorism' is misused and exaggerated. So take note.

I do not know if your last paragragh is a wind-up or not but, if you are seeking humility, charity and forebearance in your life or as you call it,'my growing-up process', try reading the Gospels in the New Testament.

I assume that you have not been inside because if you had you would not be so swift to condemn, to judge or to moralise, because you might be in the very same position yourself one day.

Firstly just my opinion but I think your terrorism point is spurious and distracts from any argument you’re trying to make .

So I’ve made mistakes mate , different to Jeffers but mistakes nevertheless. I think giving people second chances is reasonable and often appropriate but then maybe you ask yourself which one is his second chance the domestic abuse charge or the drink driving ? Ultimately one of the things my mistakes taught me was that you have to take responsibility for your actions and you have to learn those actions have repercussions. Does it seem to you he’s grasped that ? Also Is there a point where you personally would say enough is enough or anything you wouldn’t tolerate ? Because if either of those things are the case then frankly you’re in no position to cast aspirations at anybody else just because their line is in a different place to you .

Status
Not open for further replies.