FC BATE vs Everton - 1 Oct 09 UEFA Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, off now.

Did anyone else think the ref had a good game though, let the physical stuff occur as it should.

Bar Agards booking which was a bit gay, but well in ref dude.

Another assist for Bilyaletdinov aswell, is that five assists in three starts?

Showed some glimpses today although we didn't give him enough of the ball. His left foot is superb, it just makes things happen.

Right, off now.

Did anyone else think the ref had a good game though, let the physical stuff occur as it should.

Bar Agards booking which was a bit gay, but well in ref dude.

Yes.

Another assist for Bilyaletdinov aswell, is that five assists in three starts?

Showed some glimpses today although we didn't give him enough of the ball. His left foot is superb, it just makes things happen.

And yes.

No other keeper in the prem would have saved that.

Or, have I somehow missed Howard throwing one in during the game!?

Just dont get it!

Just dont get it!

Oh noooooo, a Howard avatar. lol

Mr__Devious.jpg

Replay of tonights goal :D
tim_howard.jpg

Just dont get it!

Totally agree mate.

I don't know about you but I've played in nets for over 20 years and while Howard has faults as a keeper, you appriciate the things he does extremely well.

All keepers get caught flatfooted or slightly out of position at times by long shots taken early. You're playing the percentages with your positioning which folk who don't play in goal don't always understand however much they "study" from their armchair.

Great win for the ressies tonight.

I'm ciritcal of Howard, but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say fair play. That goal was one of those times. He doesnt hold the ball for me, too often flaps/punches but most keepers in todays game are like this. Doesnt command the box enough for me, I appreciate Yobo is prone to the odd mistake, but on occasions that is because Howard hasnt commanded the sitution. Also his eratic mannerisms make me nervous. Good keeper, not a great, not in any way shape or form at fault for that pearler tonight.

Tony Hibbert I was surprised at, although I think his pace got him out of the mess on a couple of occasions and Distin definitely helped him out. Doubled his value now that he's a competent centre half, to £3.99.

Little disappointed with the work rate of the front two but can be forgiven in the Yaks case with him still obviously way off full match fitness, and Jo seemed stuck out wide quite often. Osman, the headless chicken once more out on the right.

All in all, a great result, but relatively lucky that they had no ideas when getting into the final 3rd.

Totally agree mate.

I don't know about you but I've played in nets for over 20 years and while Howard has faults as a keeper, you appriciate the things he does extremely well.

All keepers get caught flatfooted or slightly out of position at times by long shots taken early. You're playing the percentages with your positioning which folk who don't play in goal don't always understand however much they "study" from their armchair.

A little presumptuous if you don't mind me saying so :)

Good result, impressive resilience considering our team. I think when Mikel comes back all our new players will stop getting frustrated with how [Poor language removed] we are and go, "Oh, ok, so this is Everton". Or at least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.