Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a good signing whether Gana stays or goes. However if Gana stays, we’ve got too many midfielders, even not including the deadwood. In that scenario, davies should go on loan.

I think this is a good signing whether Gana stays or goes. However if Gana stays, we’ve got too many midfielders, even not including the deadwood. In that scenario, davies should go on loan.

Should happen anyway. The lad hasn't kicked on unfortunately, but still has time to.

Bournemouth/Burnley would be good moves for him in the Prem, but even high-end Championship would be fine.

I'll miss Gana but rather than a like-for-like I wish we'd go for some 6'3 beast with a massive engine or something. Sick of our midfield being overpowered by the likes of watford etc.
I'm not sure I agree with this; look at city and the RS midfield last season, how many of them were 6'3 beasts.

For me, ability on the ball and work rate are more important than physique for a midfielder.

So we now have
Sigurdson 150k
Bernard 150k
Ramirez 120k
Schneiderlin 120k
Gomes 120k
Delph 120k
Mina 120k
Walcott 110k
Pickford 100k
Richarlison and digne on 90k but expect that to be increased when they sign new contracts this season
Delph was on £90k at Man City mate.

A Everton source has told Football Insider that the club have paid a fee of £8.5million rising to a potential £10million as well as hand him a £120,000-a-week deal.

So your saying he left city's bench to sit on our bench and take a pay cut aswell as give up on potential pl and cl medals.
Get a grip lad

You do realise that these "sources" that journos use are just make believe, right? "Our source says" and things like that are just another way of them saying "We are making this up by the way lol". I'm amazed people think something like Football Insider actually has a source...

Could really cover the Bernard role if we want to sell him or if he's injured.

Delfs fersitoyle.

A Everton source has told Football Insider that the club have paid a fee of £8.5million rising to a potential £10million as well as hand him a £120,000-a-week deal.

So your saying he left city's bench to sit on our bench and take a pay cut aswell as give up on potential pl and cl medals.
Get a grip lad

Football Insider? Come on Hav you’re trusting the jargest of jarg sources. Beyond parody lad

I think with Delph we've purposely gone out and tried to find someone with leadership qualities and character myself, we've been a bit powder puff at times and bullied, you wont see it on a glossy Everton soundbite but we've gone out to find a player who is up for a fight bang heads together and lead. he was captain as Leeds as a teenager, same at Villa and i think he had it on occasion at City.

We all made fun of Phil Neville, but sometimes those leadership qualities arent seen but are vital.

Agree. Similar in a sense to when the RS got Milner. We were laughing at them then, but that's turned out OK for them.

I think it's an astute signing. A proven leader, winner, and a ball-playing midfielder with a good passing range that's been missing since Barry left, and before that, Arteta.

It never stops does it, this pretence of knowing how much players are being paid? Wild guesswork invariably inflated and based on rubbish in the various media "sources" who have to print something. I guess it probably amuses some people who like to say somebody is crap and not worth £100k per week when the "poor" sod is probably on a fraction of that.

Get a grip lad
Medals aren't everything. He probably reckons it'd be more fun over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.