Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
every team needs a utility player / water carrier … plus he was peps go to guy when they were short... if he was utterly pish pep woulda binned him like hart the minute he got there

Yeah I have wondered before how bothered the club is about the record of picking an academy graduate in the squad. I know we were (distantly) 2nd to united in that, but it was still a bloody long time, I don’t know if there would be pressure from the top to keep that going as a PR thing or not. I love having local lads in the squad but I love winning more. Davies is alright I think, but a loan might be his best chance of showing he’s more than just a decent all round footballer.
Baines would be a local lad and I think he started in our Academy

A year at a top championship club would be perfect for him, would give us a real gauge of how good he is. If he stands out like dogs balls then we know he’s to good for that league and chasing promotion would be very good experience wise for him. It would also increase his value a ton if he stood out in that league and ended up not quite good enough for us. I think he would be a strong championship player in all honesty and I’m unsure if he will make it as a top half prem player, his lack of speed, height , strength is a concern for me. I know players can adapt and become excellent despite their physical disadvantages but it’s a pretty rare occurrence
You do know lads are going to give you 50 + examples of small lads that made good.??
I will start the ball rolling
David Silva
Alan Ball
John Giles
Billy Bremner
Zola
Messi and Maradona (not PL I know)

Wages are 100k plus, he was on 90 at city.

As for playing time
Delph explained that getting regular football was a factor in him moving away from the Premier League champions.

"I wanted to be playing more regularly and the opportunity to come and play for Everton was too good of an opportunity to turn down,” he said.

I said before he wouldn't leave city to sit on the bench here, his starting.
Do you think Mane will be available at the start of the season and what are your thoughts on the scum signing players this summer

You do know lads are going to give you 50 + examples of small lads that made good.??
I will start the ball rolling
David Silva
Alan Ball
John Giles
Billy Bremner
Zola
Messi and Maradona (not PL I know)

They may be small and your examples or dating back 50 years. Like I said they may be small but Messi, Maradonna were/are rapid and their shots are powerful , Zola same very good striker of the ball and hard to knock off the ball I never seen the other tbf and like I said small players can make it. Players that are small, slow, weak, and don’t have any sort of power must be so technically good and have such a quick brain (Silva) or else they really struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.