Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but he was suggesting Morgs would be moving on.
Oh gotcha so you were leaving him out. It's tough because outside of Davies none of those will be remotely content to be 4th choice. So Schneiderlin probably being the one in that role might not be so keen to hang around.

Best thing for TomTom at this point would be a loan, but I doubt it will happen.
Yeah I have wondered before how bothered the club is about the record of picking an academy graduate in the squad. I know we were (distantly) 2nd to united in that, but it was still a bloody long time, I don’t know if there would be pressure from the top to keep that going as a PR thing or not. I love having local lads in the squad but I love winning more. Davies is alright I think, but a loan might be his best chance of showing he’s more than just a decent all round footballer.

Yeah I have wondered before how bothered the club is about the record of picking an academy graduate in the squad. I know we were (distantly) 2nd to united in that, but it was still a bloody long time, I don’t know if there would be pressure from the top to keep that going as a PR thing or not. I love having local lads in the squad but I love winning more. Davies is alright I think, but a loan might be his best chance of showing he’s more than just a decent all round footballer.

I like TomTom, I know he has his knockers and if im honest he hasnt really performed at the level required at times, but I havent given up, he needs games, I just think Silva keeps him around cos he can be trusted, hes not gonna half arse it. So whilst he might not be at the right level, he wont let us down, a steady eddie. He clearly needs to improve in most areas, but hard work and effort is the min we require.

Schneiderlin and McCarthy both need moving on now, get their wages off the books. Some people with very short memory wanting Morgan to stick around as an option off the back of turning up for 2 or 3 matches last season.

I think Davies is a better option than him and likely on less money too. Would be happy enough going into the season with Gana, Gomez, Delph and Davies as our midfield options. With Siggurdson also able to drop back if needed.

If he could be trusted to stay fit.

I know, I know, but thats for another day.
I actually like the idea of a DM playing behind Gomes and Delph but that requires you to sell Gana, buy a DM and drop Gylfi. You also probably have to sign a winger because playing Bernard and not having Gylfi's goals could leave us light on people putting it in the net. That scenario basically kills our continuity from last season even if it puts us closer to what Marco wants long term.

Regarding the cheesey generic statements on fans. If he was being half honest or if he was paying attention. He should say something along the lines of. 'I've played here. The Everton fans don't take crap can be very aggressive but won't happy clap and cheer on when the team iant giving 100%. They will cheer when you give them something and I intend on delivering.'

Still soft and democratic but sounds less copy and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.