Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player and an upgrade on a few players already in the squad.

A striker now and the push for top 4 is on.
Although we wouldn't want to be qualifying for the european Carling cup (according to some on here) now, would we? :dodgy:)

A Everton source has told Football Insider that the club have paid a fee of £8.5million rising to a potential £10million as well as hand him a £120,000-a-week deal.

So your saying he left city's bench to sit on our bench and take a pay cut aswell as give up on potential pl and cl medals.
Get a grip lad
It's not hard to believe he has taken a pay cut. Basically he has swapped his guaranteed 4.5m wages from City for a guaranteed 12m with Everton.

£10 million, for an international, English at 29, no brainer. He will give us more offensively with teams that sit back on us than Guaye...

It's not hard to believe he has taken a pay cut. Basically he has swapped his guaranteed 4.5m wages from City for a guaranteed 12m with Everton.
So we now have
Sigurdson 150k
Bernard 150k
Ramirez 120k
Schneiderlin 120k
Gomes 120k
Delph 120k
Mina 120k
Walcott 110k
Pickford 100k
Richarlison and digne on 90k but expect that to be increased when they sign new contracts this season

A Everton source has told Football Insider that the club have paid a fee of £8.5million rising to a potential £10million as well as hand him a £120,000-a-week deal.

So your saying he left city's bench to sit on our bench and take a pay cut aswell as give up on potential pl and cl medals.
Get a grip lad
Absolute LOL. That's like taking a h i t c link seriously

Get a grip lad

I have a perfect grip thanks mate. Football Insider is not really a reputable source, I'm sure the Echo said 80k. I can't see a world where his wages change from what he was at at City, it will be a question of whether we meet his demands. In such a situation the club will say to a player he won't get much game time (with Rodri coming in) and if he can find a team to pay his wages and cover the £8 million asking fee he can go. He has done that.

As for his motivation, having won numerous medals I imagine he wants to play regularly as opposed to being a bit part player. I think he will play regularly for Everton. I remember reading the same sort of things about Barry, who was one of our best players even at age 35. There's a reason why Delph was signed and played for a side who have got 100 points 2 seasons running, and it's not because he's nowhere near the first team of a side who have got around 1/2 that number over the same time period.

So we now have
Sigurdson 150k
Bernard 150k
Ramirez 120k
Schneiderlin 120k
Gomes 120k
Delph 120k
Mina 120k
Walcott 110k
Pickford 100k
Richarlison and digne on 90k but expect that to be increased when they sign new contracts this season

You've just made a lot of those numbers up mate. It's already been said Sandro is on around 80k and I'm sure Gomes is much the same.

I'll just add, I've seen a website that tracks players that has
Bernard: 90k
Richarlinson 75k
Schneiderlin 75k

Would you care to substantiate those figures?

I have a perfect grip thanks mate. Football Insider is not really a reputable source, I'm sure the Echo said 80k. I can't see a world where his wages change from what he was at at City, it will be a question of whether we meet his demands. In such a situation the club will say to a player he won't get much game time (with Rodri coming in) and if he can find a team to pay his wages and cover the £8 million asking fee he can go. He has done that.

As for his motivation, having won numerous medals I imagine he wants to play regularly as opposed to being a bit part player. I think he will play regularly for Everton. I remember reading the same sort of things about Barry, who was one of our best players even at age 35. There's a reason why Delph was signed and played for a side who have got 100 points 2 seasons running, and it's not because he's nowhere near the first team of a side who have got around 1/2 that number over the same time period.
So he left cl football for no European football and took a pay cut to sit on the bench...... Ok then

Good player and a model professional. Also can play in midfield or defence, though midfield is his proper place.

So he left cl football for no European football and took a pay cut to sit on the bench...... Ok then

Did you read what I wrote? I have said he will take the same money (around 85k) in order to play regularly. So the answer is, no he hasn't taken a pay cut to sit on the bench, but try to read what people are writing not what you want them to have written.

Not really it's been well documented Sandro is on 120k a week as is gomes having his wages increased from 80k from barca

Where? I've seen from the same site Mina is on 60k per week. You are increasing the costs, sometimes to double what they actually are on a whim. Sandro is on 80k per week which is being paid by a loan team now so it's not our concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.