• Ademola Lookman

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Aaron Lennon

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think after all his goals here, I can a actually think of Lukaku taking a goal as clinically as Niasse did and he generally looked over the moon something that Lukaku never did. I'm not saying by a long stretch he's our Lukaku replacement but surely he must get more game time now, I know it's wasn't a premier game but IMO Koeman must look at a fair few that played last night and consider dropping some of these big buys for some of these. Davies IMO is a player that should play every game he has the making of being a true Everton great ( oh until Utd come calling) but seriously let's hope we can resist next time.

I don't think after all his goals here, I can a actually think of Lukaku taking a goal as clinically as Niasse did and he generally looked over the moon something that Lukaku never did. I'm not saying by a long stretch he's our Lukaku replacement but surely he must get more game time now, I know it's wasn't a premier game but IMO Koeman must look at a fair few that played last night and consider dropping some of these big buys for some of these. Davies IMO is a player that should play every game he has the making of being a true Everton great ( oh until Utd come calling) but seriously let's hope we can resist next time.
United fans will be livid today when they realise they bought our third best striker

Last night was a job well done. One swallow does not a summer make but we have learned a salutary lesson from our start to the season. Setting aside that everyone and his dog knew we needed a centre forward and a centre half, the only argument being which one we needed most; we have discovered we are not as good as we had hoped but then we are not as bad as we had begun to believe. Next game will tell us more.
Hopefully DCL is the answer to centre forward question, at least in the short term.

United fans will be livid today when they realise they bought our third best striker
Haha, I just hope Koeman now realises that he must work with what we have got, like it or not Niasse is as much in for as the rest so in my thinking the strikers roles is up for grabs.

DCL, although Vlasic was or sounded good and a big shout to Oumar Niasse after all he's been through it was nice to see him score and had the biggest smile of the evening.

..at least there won't be any 'day after a defeat' threads. Not sure where those people go when we win games.
maxresdefault.jpg

Youngsters with pace and confidence seems to be the way forward for us now - with the odd older head around of course.

For Bournemouth I wouldn't change things too much.

Pickford

Kenny. Keane. Jags. Baines

Gueye

Vlasic. Davies. Lookman/Lennon

DCL. Rooney

Sandro and Niase on the bench.

I just knew this would happen. Bambi-on-ice dispatched a really good finish, but he is far from the required quality to lead our line. If you think Lukaku's hold up play was bad, just wait until this fella plays against a proper team. We have to remember that Sunderland were woeful.

Jonjoe Kenny was steady, but certainly does not look like the "answer to our right back prayers" that some would have us believe, but only one game. Besic must have hit 5 or 6 passes short of their intended target and on at least two of those occasions caused us some really hairy defensive moments - another team of any quality would have punished us.

Davies looked great, but he had oceans of space in which to work - he is a really good player and could become excellent - but again, he was granted far too much room by a very poor team.

Honestly it was like a reserve game, hard to pick out anything to expect a similar performance against premiership quality. DCL did very well, his diving header against the post would have been the goal of the night, but his two finishes were excellent, as was the finish by Niasse. I thought Klaasen had a good game and I was pleased with Vlasic and Sandro.

Niasse man of the match? Oh do be sensible, he did score an excellent goal, but did nothing else of any consequence.

I just knew this would happen. Bambi-on-ice dispatched a really good finish, but he is far from the required quality to lead our line. If you think Lukaku's hold up play was bad, just wait until this fella plays against a proper team. We have to remember that Sunderland were woeful.

Jonjoe Kenny was steady, but certainly does not look like the "answer to our right back prayers" that some would have us believe, but only one game. Besic must have hit 5 or 6 passes short of their intended target and on at least two of those occasions caused us some really hairy defensive moments - another team of any quality would have punished us.

Davies looked great, but he had oceans of space in which to work - he is a really good player and could become excellent - but again, he was granted far too much room by a very poor team.

Honestly it was like a reserve game, hard to pick out anything to expect a similar performance against premiership quality. DCL did very well, his diving header against the post would have been the goal of the night, but his two finishes were excellent, as was the finish by Niasse. I thought Klaasen had a good game and I was pleased with Vlasic and Sandro.

Niasse man of the match? Oh do be sensible, he did score an excellent goal, but did nothing else of any consequence.

....I don't think anybody is under illusion about Niasse but perhaps he's a usable asset from the bench. He's an unconventional player who can come on and grab an unlikely goal because he's an instinctive finisher even if the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

....I don't think anybody is under illusion about Niasse but perhaps he's a usable asset from the bench. He's an unconventional player who can come on and grab an unlikely goal because he's an instinctive finisher even if the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

The thing for me with Niasse is he doesn't look like a footballer, but given the opportunity he's actually not a bad finisher... had that been Sanchez, Aguero, Coutinho, Morata or Rashford chesting down and one-timing home, the media would be full-on love-in, gushing hyperbole mode.

Decent defenders should have him in their pockets, but he's so unreadable as even he doesn't seem to know what he's going to do, so a potential, stress potential, nightmare to have to mark.

Vlasic really impressed me last night, particularly first half and DCL looks to carving a bright future for himself.

Davies made Rodwell and Gibson look like they were the novice midfielders last night - how far has Rodwell fallen to suffer being hooked again? And all those that used to rate Gibson need only look at his effort and effectiveness last night - nitto, zilch.

Vaughan worked hard and tested Keane and Williams at least aerially.

Really?? Give over.

He was cheered onto the pitch like a Messiah, descending from the clouds to absolve the world of its ills, cure all ailments, bringing world peace and a brain for Boris Johnson.

The Messiah he is not and most of us know it. 51 people voted for him as man of the match. 51 people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.