• Ademola Lookman

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Aaron Lennon

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was cheered onto the pitch like a Messiah, descending from the clouds to absolve the world of its ills, cure all ailments, bringing world peace and a brain for Boris Johnson.

The Messiah he is not and most of us know it. 51 people voted for him as man of the match. 51 people!!

I think you need to bear in mind this is a player who was practically shown the door last year, wasn't even given a dressing room locker at USMFF and yet has never knowingly complained, just got on with his work and bagged a super finish when everyone was probably half expecting him to fall arse over elbow.

It's the romantic side of 51 people, rewarding the guy with their vote.

Really?? Give over.
Well Davies did nothing wrong at the end of last season and should be playing regular, only reason he isn't is because he's a youngster and isn't a big buy, Sandro who has basically shown nothing in games, when Niasse had been banging then in fit the U23 team and was successful with the loan to Hull, he hasn't let Koeman down one bit. Kenny could well cover for Coleman with perhaps even Martina playing in front of him as Martina has got excellent ball delivery, also Besic could be added to that list. Them four alone could benefit Everton with more game time, look at the regulars Sandro,Martina's (defending poor), Snides (been poor this season) that's just a few you could add More who haven't performed very well this season. It's a team game the manager should use his squad not just his favourite's, it's always been the same here.

I think you need to bear in mind this is a player who was practically shown the door last year, wasn't even given a dressing room locker at USMFF and yet has never knowingly complained, just got on with his work and bagged a super finish when everyone was probably half expecting him to fall arse over elbow.

He's on 40k a week, like

I don't think after all his goals here, I can a actually think of Lukaku taking a goal as clinically as Niasse did and he generally looked over the moon something that Lukaku never did. I'm not saying by a long stretch he's our Lukaku replacement but surely he must get more game time now, I know it's wasn't a premier game but IMO Koeman must look at a fair few that played last night and consider dropping some of these big buys for some of these. Davies IMO is a player that should play every game he has the making of being a true Everton great ( oh until Utd come calling) but seriously let's hope we can resist next time.

lol what mate?

He was cheered onto the pitch like a Messiah, descending from the clouds to absolve the world of its ills, cure all ailments, bringing world peace and a brain for Boris Johnson.

The Messiah he is not and most of us know it. 51 people voted for him as man of the match. 51 people!!

...that's another thing, he's becoming a cult figure so he might just give games a lift coming off the bench. A super-sub.

The thing for me with Niasse is he doesn't look like a footballer, but given the opportunity he's actually not a bad finisher... had that been Sanchez, Aguero, Coutinho, Morata or Rashford chesting down and one-timing home, the media would be full-on love-in, gushing hyperbole mode.

Decent defenders should have him in their pockets, but he's so unreadable as even he doesn't seem to know what he's going to do, so a potential, stress potential, nightmare to have to mark.

Vlasic really impressed me last night, particularly first half and DCL looks to carving a bright future for himself.

Davies made Rodwell and Gibson look like they were the novice midfielders last night - how far has Rodwell fallen to suffer being hooked again? And all those that used to rate Gibson need only look at his effort and effectiveness last night - nitto, zilch.

Vaughan worked hard and tested Keane and Williams at least aerially.

...I agree about Niasse, I think he could be useful off the bench and it was a high quality finish.

Delighted about the positive Vlasic reports, he just looks like a good footballer to me. The problem the manager has is that many of his latest purchases are 'samey', I think we know where we need different types. Saying that, it takes more than one window to build a side and the transformation in our squad in such a short time is amazing (illustrated by the stat that Sunderlands team had more Everton appearances than Everton's).

All jokes aside, Niasse scored a great goal last night and we are all buzzing for him but let's not go OTT about it saying he should start! I think he could make an impact from the bench, but that's it. I would not be happy to see him starting a PL game. If he does I would love him to prove me and everyone else wrong I really would... but it's not happening!

I don't think after all his goals here, I can a actually think of Lukaku taking a goal as clinically as Niasse did and he generally looked over the moon something that Lukaku never did. I'm not saying by a long stretch he's our Lukaku replacement but surely he must get more game time now, I know it's wasn't a premier game but IMO Koeman must look at a fair few that played last night and consider dropping some of these big buys for some of these. Davies IMO is a player that should play every game he has the making of being a true Everton great ( oh until Utd come calling) but seriously let's hope we can resist next time.

Just for the purposes of this reply, sorry.

mirallas-en-lukaku-loodsen-everton-voorbij-arsenal-id5516479-1000x800-n.jpg

Just watching the highlights again from last night, when Oumar scored every outfield player ran to congratulate him so he is obviously well thought of in the dressing room, you really can't fault the lad's attitude, he has been given a chance and he has taken it.

Not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination but a good option on the bench, reminds me of Tino Asprilla when he was at Newcastle, he never quite knew what he was going to do but could conjure something out of nothing at times.

...Chelsea away, at least you'll have a stream.

Went for DCL. I've gone on record as saying he'd be first name on the team sheet for me because he gives us shape and balance. Folk criticise him but he's a conventional striker who's improving with every game.

Chuffed that Vlasic impressed, looks a footballer to me and glad Kenny got a game. Niasse took his goal well, we might have a player we can use after all.

He could end up being our Harry Kane. He seems to have a similar vibe in that he doesn't have any recognizable speed, skills etc yet he knows where the onion bag is.

And it is not just the fans have warmed to him, Andy.

I loved the way the other players celebrated with him last night.

He must be popular with the squad.....they probably think he was humiliated by the management as well.

He could end up being our Harry Kane. He seems to have a similar vibe in that he doesn't have any recognizable speed, skills etc yet he knows where the onion bag is.

..I think he is quite pacy actually. I might be wrong, but I don't see him as a prolific goalscorer in the Kane mould but I've always likened him more to a Graeme Sharp type. From when I saw him first play for the U23s and watch his first interviews he seemed to have something about him.

Thought DCL would get the man of the match award, he deserved it, but gave m vote to Tom Davies for an outstanding performance throughout the game, liked Vlasic, looks very good to me with a football brain, made up for Jonjoe Kenny, cool
right through the game and gave more balance to the team, Sandro is trying too hard at the moment but will prove his worth in the coming months, a goal will help to settle him down, same with Davy Klassen.

We didn't prove a lot against a very poor Sunderland team but it is one step forward at a time now and this very tiny step will not do any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.