Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Aaron Lennon

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me...

Davies excellent anchoring the midfield... DCL energetic and eager, took both his goals really well... Vlasic impressed with his work rate and willingness to track back... Ramirez quick and not afraid to shoot, perhaps his free kick effort early in the second half should have been a cross, but I admire his self confidence if not the execution.

Kenny was calm and composed and more often than not looked to play the ball forward looking for a runner and Holgate on the left, not his natural side acquitted himself well too.

And what can you say about Niasse, he doesn't look like a natural footballer, but he took his goal exceptionally well and got a tremendous reception.

Slight downsides... Besic, gave the ball away rather too often... Klaassen has energy and willingness, but still needs time to settle into the Premiership as even tonight, there were times when his first touch let him down.

Three nil was totally justified, possession stats were overwhelming, but we need to temper the pleasure of the win with the realisation that the opposition - Vaughan apart - were pretty dire.

Gibson and Rodwell, for two fairly experienced players never looked like getting to grips in the midfield where Davies outworked and out thought the pair of them.

Vaughan though showed true determination, never gave up, and deserved the ovation he got when substituted late on.

Illness kept me from going the game tonight, so based purely on radio commentary it sounded as though Calvert-Lewin, Davies and Vlasic had really good games.

Sunderland are in poor form but you can only beat what is in front of you so no complaints on that score.

Whether or not he is truly ready yet I think Calvert-Lewin has to be a starter now. Hopefully Lookman gets more game time but he may perhaps be of more use from the subs bench.

Didnt watch the match, but yes, always.

Seriously MG, he was far, far from his best. Still looks at least a couple of weeks short of being fully match fit to me.

His biggest attribute is he always looks to play footie, don't think he's got a hoofball in his game... but, he needs to sharpen up his awareness... had this been a top drawer opposition, the four times he seriously coughed up possession would have been severely punished.

Tom Davies ran the show there, MotM for me. DCL took his goals really well and lead the line superbly and I'm a big fan of Niksi Vlasic's twinkle toed, close controlled dribbling. Great for Oumar to get his goal too.

Thanks Andy.
Thought the atmosphere was pretty much non-existent tonight, DCL got my vote but Davies' was a mature performance.
I like Besic and really want him to succeed, but my God he was pretty awful tonight.
Came out of the ground thinking we've just won 3-0 but what a decidedly underwhelming performance.
Oumar was class ad had he have played from the start I believe we would have won at least 38-0. Time for bed.
Onwards

Thats how I feel , I couldn't wait to get the Spurs game out of my system but it was actually worse .
Its going to be a long season , there is something not right . Hopefully a settled side after Xmas with Coleman and please God Barkley , Bolaise (didn't think I'd be saying that) , Tom and Dom will have come on quite a bit and Rooney pulling the strings , ooh I feel a bit better lol

Thats how I feel , I couldn't wait to get the Spurs game out of my system but it was actually worse .
Its going to be a long season , there is something not right . Hopefully a settled side after Xmas with Coleman and please God Barkley , Bolaise (didn't think I'd be saying that) , Tom and Dom will have come on quite a bit and Rooney pulling the strings , ooh I feel a bit better lol
Jesus, I don't want to be reading stuff like this!

I get what you're saying mate, but we've been well beaten in the last four games without scoring yet tonight we scored 3, didn't concede and we ultimately won.. yet it's still all doom and gloom? Grim that.

Status
Not open for further replies.