• Ademola Lookman

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Aaron Lennon

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it is not just the fans have warmed to him, Andy.

I loved the way the other players celebrated with him last night.

He must be popular with the squad.....they probably think he was humiliated by the management as well.

Agreed.
At times, he must have felt very ostracised so he deserves some/a lot of credit for not reacting/whinging/bleating in the press etc.
And he says he's learned a lot, so that shows a decent attitude to take the very rough while looking for a bit of smooth.

I wonder just how much influence David Unsworth has had in him 'returning to the fold' ?

The thing for me with Niasse is he doesn't look like a footballer, but given the opportunity he's actually not a bad finisher... had that been Sanchez, Aguero, Coutinho, Morata or Rashford chesting down and one-timing home, the media would be full-on love-in, gushing hyperbole mode.

Decent defenders should have him in their pockets, but he's so unreadable as even he doesn't seem to know what he's going to do, so a potential, stress potential, nightmare to have to mark.

Vlasic really impressed me last night, particularly first half and DCL looks to carving a bright future for himself.

Davies made Rodwell and Gibson look like they were the novice midfielders last night - how far has Rodwell fallen to suffer being hooked again? And all those that used to rate Gibson need only look at his effort and effectiveness last night - nitto, zilch.

Vaughan worked hard and tested Keane and Williams at least aerially.
Niasse appears totally unpredictable and may surprise a few defenders if brought on for the last 10 of any game.
Rodwell - unrecognizable - sad, i always liked him!

Agreed.
At times, he must have felt very ostracised so he deserves some/a lot of credit for not reacting/whinging/bleating in the press etc.
And he says he's learned a lot, so that shows a decent attitude to take the very rough while looking for a bit of smooth.

I wonder just how much influence David Unsworth has had in him 'returning to the fold' ?

I would love to think Unsy was exerting some influence on Koeman, Andy and that Omar has been brought back into the fold on the former's recommendation.

But my own feeling is that Koeman was instructed from on high to include Niasse in the squad and at least give himself the option of using a player whom cost us a lot of money.........or that it was Koeman himself making a point of including a player he regards as useless to try and point the finger at Walsh over the striker debacle.

I just feel there is a power struggle between the two of them being played out behind the scenes and that dear old Omar is the piggy in t'middle :(

It will be fascinating to see if Niasse is on the bench tomorrow.

I would love to think Unsy was exerting some influence on Koeman, Andy and that Omar has been brought back into the fold on the former's recommendation.

But my own feeling is that Koeman was instructed from on high to include Niasse in the squad and at least give himself the option of using a player whom cost us a lot of money.........or that it was Koeman himself making a point of including a player he regards as useless to try and point the finger at Walsh over the striker debacle.

I just feel there is a power struggle between the two of them being played out behind the scenes and that dear old Omar is the piggy in t'middle :(

It will be fascinating to see if Niasse is on the bench tomorrow.

Possibly Khal, but I'd rather it be DU saying to Roko over a brew at USMFF, "hey, he may unconventional and not technically great, but he works hard and can finish... you could (and are) doing a lot worse right now !!"

Status
Not open for further replies.