Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at the amount of “talent” in that Chelsea squad yesterday yet they really created very little other sterling drives and dives

We also faced 887 set pieces and didn’t look bothered by any of them

So great improvement in stability and defence with pleasing football occasionally too

Obviously not actually having any goal scorers on the pitch meant we didn’t create much end product but a lot of deeper positives yesterday

Need a CF - not new info.

Played a lot better then most of last season, good case to be made for us being unlucky yesterday.

Two injuries, one horrific, we’re cursed - not new info.

With the planned squad additions and Frank’s guidance, despite the result I’m sleeping a little easier than expected.

What was Frank doing leaving Gordon on all game. He was useless as a cf and not much better when moved out left.
I'm not sure he is good enough and never have been convinced. Plays like a headless chicken.
Criminal that we don't have a striker even from the youth set up.
Chelsea were there for the taking yesterday.
Positives were Tarkowski, Iwobi, Patterson and Myko. What a player Tarky is gonna be for us. Would love to see him next o Coady.

Not like Dacoure to be clumsy....

Defence is better, organised and calm from the set piece.

As for Godrey injury up to Pickford to know that's out and a corner, all keepers should know the movement of ball in that situation.

Most impressed with back line. Young Patterson looked confident and assured.

Anyway Tarkowski man of the match for me. At last a reliable centre back that does what centre should be doing and some more.

I didn’t watch. How did he do?
Lots of industry and effort some nice touches but overall nowt to shout about mate - looked better when Dele came on and he shifted to a more familiar position.

Nobody played badly yesterday in truth we just lacked any final ball and anyone to actually do anything with that if we did.

Lots of industry and effort some nice touches but overall nowt to shout about mate - looked better when Dele came on and he shifted to a more familiar position.

Nobody played badly yesterday in truth we just lacked any final ball and anyone to actually do anything with that if we did.

I’m surprised he didn’t start Dele up top. Result obviously crap but least we weren’t thumped.

Some interesting comments So here’s some from a Chelsea point of view.

We are far from ready for the start of the season the early starting date of the season, the late finish to the 21/22 season meant that most of our squad only had two-three weeks off . Yes I know other teams were likewise impacted but there have been two approaches to it.
The first where you try to gain fitness in the early PL games and the second is where some clubs choose to restrict players to far shorter breaks and were into games within a matter of days.The timing of the WC will impact come December and if clubs go full tilt too early.

Yesterday TT clearly hoped we would just do enough irrespective that’s what he got!

We were poor of that there was no doubt but away from home, first game of the season at a ground we have a terrible record we will take a 1-0 every day of the week.The fact he played 5 players over the age of 30 meant he was relying on experience that won’t be the case going forward

You are clearly a far worse team without Richarlinson and should you not get a decent forward or somehow DCL stays fit ( that seems a tall order) then you just dont seem to have the tools going forward .

Ali is a spent force and there was a reason he didn’t start. The lad you got from Rangers did well McNeil struggled but that wasn’t surprising

Neither keeper had a lot to do to be honest but Pickford made two huge mistakes yesterday, the first lead to the injury and the second he got away with because Sterling was offside .

Tawkoski will be solid for you but you are going to have to forget Mina. If a mouse farts he gets injured.!

Mendy made one save that was for the cameras. James , Mount, Havertz we’re way off the pace

Status
Not open for further replies.