Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We obviously had a desperate need for a striker once Richarlison was sold. And we knew he was going from the end of last season.
So I agree with your points about strengthening central midfield and defence but Thelwell seems to have totally ignored the fact that we cannot win games without a striker. Obviously, nobody at the club rates Simms and nobody at any club rates Rondon.
Dear Kevin- BUY A STRIKER
P.S. You are already about two weeks too late
How do you know he’s ignored it? Like I said he’s trying to do multiple deals at once and get them at budget friendly deals which is why I think, like with Onana, we’ll get a striker from France as it’s seemily easier to do staged payment deals with clubs there

We played really well all things considered. But I really fear relegation. No goals in this side, too many injuries, no creativity.

I also think we'll look a lot weaker when Lampard drops Patterson for Coleman again next week.
Coleman will be a right sided CB now I think. Agree about the goals and creativity we are desperate for both.

How do you know he’s ignored it? Like I said he’s trying to do multiple deals at once and get them at budget friendly deals which is why I think, like with Onana, we’ll get a striker from France as it’s seemily easier to do staged payment deals with clubs there
The lad at PSG?

My overriding emotion is that this was a game we should never have lost. They are not a great side and our rivals down the bottom will pick up results against Chelsea st home.

I reckon they will be top 4 mate.

We deserved a draw. By the looks of things today, there will be a few teams far worse than us this season. Potentially Gerrards Villa which will be glorious.

Whoever is saying Everton played bad either doesn’t know anything about football or is blind. Different team than last season and if they continue playing like this we will be mid table and safe by February
I thought we played decent, we lost to a top side by a penalty with no striker playing and three new players, well 2 and one who hasn't been involved.

Looking more solid at the back, richarlison here we win, shame but eh ho we need a forward of some sort and mid table will be achieved not great but that's the way it is

One thing I want to mention today was the players getting round the ref unsettling the Chelsea players and in the refs face. We have been accused t been to passive. We know Yerry like that the Dark arts but Tarkowski, was straight in there and others. We are showing we are not a soft touch which was the case last season. Frank seen that early on and I think that is been addressed. We will not be allowed to drop our standard every game early this season.

I'm not down on this result at all. Thought there were definitely signs today that we've actually learned to play some football over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.