Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I think the most you can expect from Gordon, Gray and McNeil is about five goals apiece over the course of the season, none of them have ever demonstrated a consistent level of goalscoring in the PL whereby we should expect more than that.

The only proven slotters we have in the side are DcL and Dele, one can't stay fit and one can't get into the starting eleven even when he appeared to be the only option, so we definitely need to bring in at least one attacker who we can expect double figures from.

On the plus side, we looked much stronger defensively today.
We need a number ten who can pick people out

Got worse as the game went on. It was an okay performance, but Chelsea looked pretty comfortable throughout. As soon as they went in front, there wasn't much belief in our players or the crowd we could get back into it.

Chelsea are a quality team though. We'll find out a lot more about where we're at when we play Villa and Forest.

Only remember him falling over the ball when he should have hit it first time, and then holding onto the ball out wide when he should have played Ruby Vinegar in.

Was his positional play, pulling away from the defence, playing off the shoulder. Link up play. 2 bits of poor play compared to the disaster of Gray and Gordon for 100mins.

Got worse as the game went on. It was an okay performance, but Chelsea looked pretty comfortable throughout. As soon as they went in front, there wasn't much belief in our players or the crowd we could get back into it.

Chelsea are a quality team though. We'll find out a lot more about where we're at when we play Villa and Forest.

Zero goal threat. Like last season.

We played really well all things considered. But I really fear relegation. No goals in this side, too many injuries, no creativity.

I also think we'll look a lot weaker when Lampard drops Patterson for Coleman again next week.

Patterson played well but Tarkowski showed calmness and leadership qualities we have sorely been missing ….. the future is bright

Happy with the overall performance. Lampard is getting the Everton spirit back in to the team and it feels like I'm supporting a true Everton again. The dark days of Gomes,Bernard,Delph,Davies,Shcneiderlin and Iceland have gone. All this without a striker too. Get the deals done next week and it'll be a decent season. Strangely happy tonight after a defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.