Everton vs AEK Athens - Thu 17th Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to thursdays game on 5, hope I have enough supplies to get me throught the coverage, I'm not going out during the broadcast.

Don't know much about the opposition, I'm 99 per cent sure that AEK aren't the biggest and most successful Greek side, that honor would fall to either Olympiakos or Panathanikos.

I think the latter were the last Greek side we played in a european game at Goodison, (last eight 1971 european cup) Probably right.

lost on away goals and the greeks did go on to reach the final where they met, and were defeated, by ajax Amsterdam's great team of that time.

At Wembley of all places I think it was. :huh:

My squad for AEK Athens

Howard

Gosling Yobo Distin Baines

Osman Pienaar Cahill Billy

Felliani

Saha

Subs: Yak Nash Gosling Jo Vaughan Baxter Wallace

moyes will play ......

.............howard
.gosling yobo distin baines
osman cahill rodwell pienaar
............fellaini
...............jo

we will do well but i think we could potentially be undone by our right side.
osman provides a double jeopardy as he isnt producing anything going forward aswell as at the same time providing little support for his rb.
id rather see if bilyaletdinov can do better.

(i would also prefer to swap cahill and fellaini)

Presumably Saha not available because of his hamstring ? Really hope that the Yak is deemed fit enough to start the game as Jo is definitely not at his most effective playing as a lone front man.

I'm beginning to not be arsed about the league. Can't get champions league, highest league position other than that isn't impacting the club to make a difference, so Id like us to go all out for this cup or the domestic cups again

I'm beginning to not be arsed about the league. Can't get champions league, highest league position other than that isn't impacting the club to make a difference, so Id like us to go all out for this cup or the domestic cups again

Its the placement money though isnt it mate - 1 mill per place reportedly.

I'm looking forward to thursdays game on 5, hope I have enough supplies to get me throught the coverage, I'm not going out during the broadcast.

Don't know much about the opposition, I'm 99 per cent sure that AEK aren't the biggest and most successful Greek side, that honor would fall to either Olympiakos or Panathanikos.

I think the latter were the last Greek side we played in a european game at Goodison, (last eight 1971 european cup) Probably right.

lost on away goals and the greeks did go on to reach the final where they met, and were defeated, by ajax Amsterdam's great team of that time.

At Wembley of all places I think it was. :huh:

Sorry if I've misunderstood but Larissa whom we played a few years ago were Greek.

Its the placement money though isnt it mate - 1 mill per place reportedly.

Oh i'm not dismissing the league, we've got a strong squad to at a minimum reach 7th place. What I'm saying is last season was probably the best under moyes and the team, and it hasn't changed the club or the team to push on to compete due to back room politics. And the climates changed that makes it harder.

So overall, I don't mind taking a knock in the league to win a cup as high league positions just seem to pay off interests on debt rather than improving the squad. Silverware seems second place to cash winnings and exposure to people nowdays.

Oh i'm not dismissing the league, we've got a strong squad to at a minimum reach 7th place. What I'm saying is last season was probably the best under moyes and the team, and it hasn't changed the club or the team to push on to compete due to back room politics. And the climates changed that makes it harder.

So overall, I don't mind taking a knock in the league to win a cup as high league positions just seem to pay off interests on debt rather than improving the squad. Silverware seems second place to cash winnings and exposure to people nowdays.

A cup would be nice it has to be said.;)

A lot of luck goes into the Cup compitions doesnt it - who knows the last two seasons - semi - final - this could be our year.

Status
Not open for further replies.