Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't give much credence to the Koulibaly stories but I can see how Carlo just might go for a top quality big name to dominate the defence for the next few years.
It would be the kind of signature signing Moshing likes and would also be the kind of signing to convince those big name players at Everton already tio stay and for other targets to come.

I take it back was just angry in the heat of the moment.

Too many others however who I would love to see peddled.
I get it mate, but it's definitely a mentality I feel we as a fanbase need to shirk.

Yeah, Richarlison has his faults, but we'll get nowhere constantly selling our best players. However much we think we can be like Dortmund in that regard, it ain't happening. Leicester have managed it well because they kept Vardy so kept their goal threat, and complimented that with a good manager in the last 2 seasons to oversee that 'rebuild' for a lack of a better term.

We can definitely strike a balance, but all we've done in the last few years is take two steps forward and one back; i.e. selling Lukaku totally exposed how weak Koeman could be but also how weak the rest of the side was, especially since he alienated Barkley as well and our only other quick player in Deulofeu. Selling Gueye when Silva's entire pressing system relied on him is another example.

I didn't give much credence to the Koulibaly stories but I can see how Carlo just might go for a top quality big name to dominate the defence for the next few years.
It would be the kind of signature signing Moshing likes and would also be the kind of signing to convince those big name players at Everton already tio stay and for other targets to come.
Can you imagine how good Godfrey would be with an experienced Centre half of quality next to him.

I wish we would stop talking about fighting til the end for Europe.

Stop lads - 3 games = 3 draws.

If thats fighting then God knows what we are like when we are lacking fight!

The goals were mistakes no doubt, but second one if you call for it you deal with it, simple as. Didn’t he do that earlier in the season with Dom from a corner? Called for him to duck it and then the oppo scored?

Keane in general play is a bit of a liability. Rushing out of position, leaden touches... been improved this season but had a bad game today imho

I dont see how you can blame one and not the other for those goals. Both were big mix ups between the two of them. Keane missed his header and Holgate slipped for the first. Keane clearly called the header for the second but Holgate got in his way and blocked his team mate's header.

Both goals were a combination of mistakes by both players and its extremely unfair to blame only one of them. They both need to do an awful lot better.

I wish we would stop talking about fighting til the end for Europe.

Stop lads - 3 games = 3 draws.

If thats fighting then God knows what we are like when we are lacking fight!

We didnt lack fight tonight. We made individual errors in both boxes.

I will keep calling out half hearted performances and a lack of effort every time I see it. But that's not what I saw tonight. I'm completely happy with the effort. That has to be the blueprint going forward. Commitment cannot be an optional extra.

I dont see how you can blame one and not the other for those goals. Both were big mix ups between the two of them. Keane missed his header and Holgate slipped for the first. Keane clearly called the header for the second but Holgate got in his way and blocked his team mate's header.

Both goals were a combination of mistakes by both players and its extremely unfair to blame only one of them. They both need to do an awful lot better.
Just basic awareness from the senior CB no? A good CB recognises his team mate is out of position, knows that Kane isn’t pressuring the ball, calls his CB to leave it and then takes a touch and hoofs it into row Z. Don’t head it against him like.

Don’t get me wrong error from Mason, but Keane is in a position to deal with it.

Senior CB with experience needs to paper over errors, not make them worse

Just basic awareness from the senior CB no? A good CB recognises his team mate is out of position, knows that Kane isn’t pressuring the ball, calls his CB to leave it and then takes a touch and hoofs it into row Z. Don’t head it against him like.

Don’t get me wrong error from Mason, but Keane is in a position to deal with it.

Senior CB with experience needs to paper over errors, not make them worse

I watched on the replays and Keane called very early to leave it for him. You're taught in schoolboy football that the player coming forward should go for the header. Keane can obviously do something other than head it off his team mate, but Holgate should have been out of his way too. They both made basic mistakes for me and should share the responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.