Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season is beginning to fizzle out for us.
We simply don't have the players at the moment to replace key men like DCL and Doucoure when they are missing.
There are still 21 points to be played for and a lot can happen with that many still up for grabs.

What I like is that Carlo has changed the mentality at the club. He wants to win all the time and now the players are buying into that... we are not there yet but you can see it coming.
Expectation of a win will lead to a demand for a win and then a belief from the players that they can win every game.

Carlo is a winner and is only interested in building a winning club.

I wish we would stop talking about fighting til the end for Europe.

Stop lads - 3 games = 3 draws.

If thats fighting then God knows what we are like when we are lacking fight!
I'm more positive than most but I have to say that result was a real kick in the balls for me. We shouldve won, can't blame Ancelloti. We need a Giroud type player imo, someone who can finish what's put in front of him almost every time. Composure and finishing has cost us 12 pts easy this season. We're just not there as a team yet but I feel we really needed Europa at least to kick on in the right direction next season. Disappointed is an understatement. We'd need 5 wins now at least to get Europa imo, it's doable, I still have hope but man it's now a massive ask so I'm not even thinking about it anymore.

I'm more positive than most but I have to say that result was a real kick in the balls for me. We shouldve won, can't blame Ancelloti. We need a Giroud type player imo, someone who can finish what's put in front of him almost every time. Composure and finishing has cost us 12 pts easy this season. We're just not there as a team yet but I feel we really needed Europa at least to kick on in the right direction next season. Disappointed is an understatement. We'd need 5 wins now at least to get Europa imo, it's doable, I still have hope but man it's now a massive ask so I'm not even thinking about it anymore.

We need a Danny Ings or a Bellotti type CF Richarlison and DCL go through too many patchy streaks where they can not finish their dinner.

A solid finisher is a must. Gaurentee we'd be top 4 or close to it with a solid finisher in the team. Not knocking Richy or DCL either btw
Why not knock them? They deserve it. They’ve gone missing too many times this season. Richarlison’s misses tonight we’re as bad as DCL’s many misses this season. Then King comes on and gets the one chance to prove us all wrong but ends up justifying all the criticism.

Got to say both of those goals look like a symptom of the chopping and changing, both forced and unforced in the defence

Played well yes, but no winning edge , winners preform together this is the only way you achieve things no good the forward line bang them in and the defence have a bad day and visor versa. Consistency right through the team is how you win things by god its a hard thing to do by the looks of it for us ,defence lock teams out we don't score chances. When we do bang the goals in the defence balls up
Get the two going we smash it obviously. Hope our fella can sort it magic touch needed I reckon he will in the end given time.

Why not knock them? They deserve it. They’ve gone missing too many times this season. Richarlison’s misses tonight we’re as bad as DCL’s many misses this season. Then King comes on and gets the one chance to prove us all wrong but ends up justifying all the criticism.
I have seen Kane miss a number of good chances this season. DCL has been starved of service for much of it. Nothing wrong with him. Richie needs to learn that rolling around pretending to be hurt is not the best way to get into a game. He is getting on my nerves.

problem is letting in those crosses in the first place

we are one of the worst teams at letting opponents just get their cross in

maybe people thought oh it doesnt matter cos keane and mina etc are good in the air but so many teams have scored against us this season from just simple crosses into the box

problem is letting in those crosses in the first place

we are one of the worst teams at letting opponents just get their cross in

maybe people thought oh it doesnt matter cos keane and mina etc are good in the air but so many teams have scored against us this season from just simple crosses into the box

They weren't even good crosses. We just made a mess of them. We limited them to very few attacks in the game and gifted the goals to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.