Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but I think Mina and Keane have those 2 spots nailed this season
Carlo seems to trust them there
Godfrey will have to earn that trust

....mark my words, Ancelotti/Brands bought Godfrey for sole purpose of playing him CB. You’re right that Mina/Keane have been difficult to separate, but Ancelotti will have been desperately to get Godfrey into central defence. I have no doubt about that.

....mark my words, Ancelotti/Brands bought Godfrey for sole purpose of playing him CB. You’re right that Mina/Keane have been difficult to separate, but Ancelotti will have been desperately to get Godfrey into central defence. I have no doubt about that.
In place of Mina they might of but Mina has been doing ok, besides players can and do move around, don't forget for example we bought Ratcliffe to play full back originally....etc

Absolutely this, however playing him as a fullback is all part of the learning process for when he plays centre back and gets dragged out wide during a game, he'll be #1 CD next season.

You point out to me one game when Coleman and Holgate were fit and available where Godfrey played right back.
Its irrelevant what you think. The manager picks one of them 2 players at right back.
See he might pick Coleman, I just hope he doesn't, Coleman, Keane, Godfrey and Lucas might be the choice

Memo to goalie.

Don't try and pass the ball around on the edge of our box.

Whack it as hard, and as far down field as you can.

Why would he have Godfrey/ Mina when neither player has looked as good as Keane since Carlo came?

....Mina has been outstanding of late, he has a winning attitude, he has a captains attitude. CBs pairing is all about blend. Godfrey has to play because he provides what the other two lack, my own view is that Mina/Godfrey will be a terrific partnership but Ancelotti might think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.