Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the 5th properly now... dont think I really copped how good that goal was first time round... the pull back, swivel and weight if the chip by Sig.. the first touch by Bernard was unreal....

Watched the 5th properly now... dont think I really copped how good that goal was first time round... the pull back, swivel and weight if the chip by Sig.. the first touch by Bernard was unreal....

Even the touch on the stretch from Sigurdsson in the build-up to the penalty.

There were some serious moments of genuine class that won us that.

I had to watch the game the day after because the game was at 4am, so the news of the result and scoreline kinda blew me away more than the actual game, I have to admit, especially when watching it and it was a bit more error prone than I expected from both sides. Still though what a phenomenal game from the lads, sometimes mistakes happen and they also coincide with goals that of quality that you have to tip your hat off to, and that was from both teams. I think the period where we scored 3 in a hurry, came totally unexpected for Spurs, when was the last time Everton scored 3 in 5 minutes? But this is what Carlo has imagined us all along, defend when we need to, and then use a bit of quality to score.

I'd give MOTM to Richarlison (superb goals), Davies, Doucoure amazing as well, Siggy/DCL deserves a mention as well. The defenders have been so good recently, this was the game where the forwards won it for the team.

3 games - can't beat City don't deserve to win it anyway.

That was one heck of an idea ball that actually came off. If Thiago had played that we wouldn't have stopped hearing about it, but because its Sigurdsson its a bit fluky, how did he pull that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.