Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamo Martinez

Player Valuation: £70m
Here we go again. A weird feeling having a cup game midweek but we can pretend we got a draw at their place and have brought them back to Goodison for the replay. Another weird feeling preferring to play the game at their place but taking into account our results this season, I'm sure most of us our thinking the same.

Of course, we kick started our fine start to the season with a fine win at Spurs on the opening day. But I'm not sure that will have any relevance to the match on Wednesday. We know they have some very dangerous players but hey, so do we.

I've no idea what Mourinho will do team wise and I don't think I care. The fact is we know we can compete with anyone (except bloody Newcastle) and that's what we have to do. Compete. But for 90 minutes, not ten minutes here and there. We won't always get last minute goals and triple saves.

So, I'm thinking Olsen

Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey

Doucoure Davies Gomes

James DCL Richarlison

I've no idea what Ancelotti will do team wise either really. And whereas I do care on this one, I think I trust him. He will know that Spurs have plenty of pace up front so Holgate (no brain farts this time lad) and Godfrey (as you were sir) should help to counter the runs of the likes of Son and Moura.

Looked like James had some sort of tight muscle problem when he went off. He was far from his best at OT. In fact he was atrocious in the first half but still came up with a fine finish to level the match. 'Aplomb' was the word used in two match reports I read to describe James's finish and I totally agree. We will need him fit and at his creative best to break down a Mourinho defence. If he's not fit, I'd imagine Sigurdson will come back in.
Carlo does like to tinker so there's a good chance we'll be scratching our heads/fuming an hour before kick off when we see the line up.

As I said earlier though, I think I trust him.

Get into them blues!!

Referee: David Coote
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton,
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson,
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh,
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

---------
If nothing change's, this is the Ref we have won the last 5 or 6 games with

Status
Not open for further replies.