Match Thread EVERTON V SOUTHAMPTON Match thread, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the Southies are tempting us with a field of nobodies. 4-0, Calvert Lewin hatrick and an own goal.

I will lose all my respect for Silva if he plays with a weak side.

We won't be relegated, we won't beeak into top 6 as it seems, we don't have European football, why the hell not winning this cup? Just play your strongest side and make the season special
Agree on this, even if we win we have to look at the bigger picture and the confidence boost back to back wins can do for the first team, a win with a full side is better for Everton then a win with frienge players, same for Pickford, he needs another run out and potential clean sheet

the one thing that absolute bugs me is resting your number 1 keeper for cup games when your second keeper is absolute dog muck ( don't mind so much when your second choice is quite decent )

so pickford best start, be arsed with stekelberg he's just a cardboard cut out him

the one thing that absolute bugs me is resting your number 1 keeper for cup games when your second keeper is absolute dog muck ( don't mind so much when your second choice is quite decent )

so pickford best start, be arsed with stekelberg he's just a cardboard cut out him
I dont mind resting him if the second keeper is a young guy who you are also giving experience to. But yes, while there is a slight change of Pickford getting injured, Keepers are effected far less by short rest than any other player due to not having to run that much.

Not in U.K. only hope is that some obscure foreign broadcaster picks it up but that’s also unlikely due to clash with champs league. Radio streams it is.

Only broadcaster in the world for this one is beIN Connect Turkey... Whatever that is...

I'm pleased we look as though we'll be putting out close to our strongest side.

The defence I expect to be the same as against Fulham. I think Schneiderlin will probably start. Wouldn't be that surprised to see Richarlison start on the bench - but hope that isn't the case. Tosun in for DCL, and I'll be extremely surprised if Bernard doesn't start.

These are here for the taking tonight. They look poor, will likely stay up but be fighting relegation all season and will probably field a weakened side.

Status
Not open for further replies.