Match Thread EVERTON V SOUTHAMPTON Match thread, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our best shot at actually winning something. Utd and RS are out. This game is winnable, as is Leicester away. It is maddening to think we have never won this trophy, or any for that matter since 1995.

Quick show of hands: Would you accept a mid table finish this season if it meant winning this cup?

All day. Seeing an entire generation young blues without a Wembley trophy win is scandalous. Arrest that this season, it's all wrapped up by February. European football is assured through winning this and given a decent FA Cup draw in January.....

It could get very interesting....

This is our best shot at actually winning something. Utd and RS are out. This game is winnable, as is Leicester away. It is maddening to think we have never won this trophy, or any for that matter since 1995.

Quick show of hands: Would you accept a mid table finish this season if it meant winning this cup?

iu

Don't think you'll find an Evertonian against this but I don't see why a good campaign in the league and a cup win should be mutually exclusive.

I can't make my mind up, but if you asked me if I'd accept 4th or win this cup I'd take 4th.

I know a lot of you think that's mad but a top four finish would mean a lot of good days and this cup isn't that
important to me.

I will lose all my respect for Silva if he plays with a weak side.

We won't be relegated, we won't beeak into top 6 as it seems, we don't have European football, why the hell not winning this cup? Just play your strongest side and make the season special

Cup all day long. We aren't going to even remotely threaten the top 6 in the league this year. And we aren't going to get relegated. Go all out for a cup FFS!

I can't make my mind up, but if you asked me if I'd accept 4th or win this cup I'd take 4th.

I know a lot of you think that's mad but a top four finish would mean a lot of good days and this cup isn't that
important to me.

In all fairness mate we're getting nowhere near 4th this season. We haven't won a pot since 1995. That is beyond embarrassing and needs rectifying as THE number one priority.

Maybe Richarlison gets to sit this out on the bench as it seems he took some studs out of Christie's boots on Saturday. Walcott also could do with a rest as too Gana - but worried that leaves us to open to a home defeat which would suck the life out of the team! I guess thats why Im not on Silva's wages!!

Pickford
Kenny, zouma, Keane, baines
Gauye, schneiderlin,
Lookman, bernard, richarlison
Tosun

I think that side wins by 2 goals. Gets baines, schneiderlin, bernard, Lookman, and tosun some needed minutes and gives Walcott, Digne, and gylffi a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.