Not open for further replies.
Got my tickets sorted last night:

Pickford

Kenny - Keane - Zouma - Baines

Gueye --- Davies

Sigurdsson
Richarlison ---------------- Bernard

Tosun

Think we should start with something like that, swapping Richarlison & Bernard around intermittently. There's then potential for Schneiderlin to replace Davies/Gueye and Walcott to replace Tosun, pushing Richarlison up front, depending on the situation. For me Bernard needs to attempt a full 90 minutes here - if he can't for whatever reason then throw Lookman on. Digne to be 'rested' with Baines coming in.

Last edited:

Richarlison wont play, went off injured on Saturday.
If he's not injured I'd be inclined to play him, but I certainly wouldn't risk him. I'd rest Walcott and play Lookman in the right and I'd rest Siggy and start with Bernard through the middle. If Richarlison is carrying a knock then I'd start with Siggy and play Bernard on the left.

Unless Mina has overcome his foot injury, I'd be inclined to start with the same two CBs and go with Kenny again at right back. I'd also give Baines a run out. I'd also go with Pickford in goal.

Midfield is the interesting one. I reckon he'll bring back Schneiderlin and play him alongside either Gana or Davies. I wouldn't. I'd like to see him give another go to Dowell in central midfield, as I do think that could well be his best position going forward. He has real quality on the ball and can pick a pass other players don't see. If he does, he'll need somebody alongside to do a lot of the leg work and that man isn't Schneiderlin. I'd play Gana personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.