Match Thread EVERTON V SOUTHAMPTON Match thread, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect mate, that is absolute tosh. You obviously don't have to put up with Liverpool fans constantly taking the mick with '1995' shouts do you?!!

Football clubs exist to win trophies. Not to finish 5th. There's a reason league placings are not included on honours lists unless you finish first - they're irrelevant.

If you think an EFL Cup win is going to get LFC “fans” to quit talking out their @$$ you’re deluded.

It would take a real trophy or multiple, consecutive top 6 finishes to quiet down some of that noise. Obviously though; it won’t ever end, but i’d settle for them to genuinely fear us come derby day. An EFL Cup isn’t cultivating fear in opposition..

Mate we need to win a trophy, it’s that simple. We are living through the longest barren spell in this great clubs history and you think it’s more important to get consecutive top 6 finishes. Nah, not for me. Win one of the 2 trophy’s we can realistically win and get this monkey off our back

If you think an EFL Cup win is going to get LFC “fans” to quit talking out their @$$ you’re deluded.

It would take a real trophy or multiple, consecutive top 6 finishes to quiet down some of that noise. Obviously though; it won’t ever end, but i’d settle for them to genuinely fear us come derby day. An EFL Cup isn’t cultivating fear in opposition..

Who cares about what other teams think.

You play sport to win things. I want to win things because I will enjoy it a lot.

Speak for yourself about not wanting trophies.

I don't think we should play 'weakened' teams. I think that our squad players need to be good enough to slot in and perform.

Bernard and Lookman needed minutes. What's the point in having them if not?

Tosun is our first choice striker. Doesn't matter if you rate him or not. Silva would have got pelters from a lot on here had he started DCL. Baines and Schneiderlin should be good enough to fill in when needed.

The two weird changes were Dowell and Stek, for me.

So get off your high horse. I was three months old when Everton last won a trophy. I want to see it as much as anyone. But that team that started last night should have had enough to beat a second string Southampton side.
Give them minutes at Leicester on Saturday then, rather than changing everything in a competition we can actually win.
And thinking we can’t win the league means we won’t.

Look at the team you mentioned, Leicester.

Not so long ago they thought they could win the league, so they did.

If someone gave me the choice of winning the League Cup (and seeing it placed in our completely empty cabinet) but coming 10th in the league or..... finishing 6th or 7th in the league and no cup i would take winning the league cup all day long. Winning trophies is the sweetest thing that can happen in football and its basically what we play for or should play for should i say. I still get excited now remembering back us lifting the FA Cup with We Are the Champions playing around the ground even if it was about 23 years ago. On top of that you also have Europe to look forward to. Its a win win all round. This is one of the main reasons i am so disappointed in these Managers continually not taking the League cup seriously. There is nothing like winning a trophy, well for those of us that are lucky enough and old enough to have experienced it anyway. :)

And thinking we can’t win the league means we won’t.

Look at the team you mentioned, Leicester.

Not so long ago they thought they could win the league, so they did.

But we’re not gonna win the league though are we?!? We’re 10 points off the leaders after 7 games. City probably won’t drop 10 points for the rest of the season.

Yet we could have had a good go at the league cup, particularly as the stronger teams tend to play their 2nd string. But no, we mess about with the team and look what happens

It is gone, get over it, move on etc. Nobody in their right mind expected EFC to be anywhere near winning anything this season There is a world of difference between hope and expectation and it's expectation that makes koppites insane. Don't follow their lead, just hope that you don't end up the same.

As
We did play to win. The team we put out should have been good enough to beat that Southampton side.

It's not arrogance to think that. And if our squad really are this bad then we're totally screwed.
I said in an earlier post Silva is finding out who is good enough and who’s not good enough
Sadly the latter are in the majority

Still outraged that the manager decided to chop and change when we have a total of THREE competitions all season and it's obvious we'll exit each cup competition either when we play a good side or decide to be knob heads and play a second string. Ridiculous by Silva. I wasn't enjoying him before this game and certainly he's gone down a lot in my estimation after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.