• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager knows best, but as I fan I think we have these needs -
A wind first of all
Rest - maybe Kenny, but that can come Saturday
Playing time (sharpness & fitness)- Baines, Bernard, Schneiderlin, Stek
Playing time (development & experience) Holgate, Lookman, Dowell, Joao Virginia
And honestly, even they are in the mix of the regular starting XI for the last couple of years , Davies, DCL and Keane are still young and developing.
But now that the team seems to have gelled a bit, 6-7 changes seems counter-productive, especially against a PL side.
I'd really like to see Lookman, Bernard and Dowell start and get at least 60-70 mins. We didn't loan them out for a reason, and at some point we will likely need them for a few games.

Pickford
JJK Holgate Keane Baines
Schnid Davies
Bernard Gylfi Lookman
DCL

Bench Richy, Walcott, Zouma Gana if fighting for a result, with Dowell, Niasse as subs we'd like to play.
I'd be happy with that lineup and bench on it's surface, but that would still be 6 changes, and that's probably just too many. I'd guess realistically the gaffer makes 3-4, 5 tops.

I'd like to see us play a back three at some point, but I'm not sure this

Manager knows best, but as I fan I think we have these needs -
A wind first of all
Rest - maybe Kenny, but that can come Saturday
Playing time (sharpness & fitness)- Baines, Bernard, Schneiderlin, Stek
Playing time (development & experience) Holgate, Lookman, Dowell, Joao Virginia
And honestly, even they are in the mix of the regular starting XI for the last couple of years , Davies, DCL and Keane are still young and developing.
But now that the team seems to have gelled a bit, 6-7 changes seems counter-productive, especially against a PL side.
I'd really like to see Lookman, Bernard and Dowell start and get at least 60-70 mins. We didn't loan them out for a reason, and at some point we will likely need them for a few games.

Pickford
JJK Holgate Keane Baines
Schnid Davies
Bernard Gylfi Lookman
DCL

Bench Richy, Walcott, Zouma Gana if fighting for a result, with Dowell, Niasse as subs we'd like to play.
I'd be happy with that lineup and bench on it's surface, but that would still be 6 changes, and that's probably just too many. I'd guess realistically the gaffer makes 3-4, 5 tops.

I'd like to see us play a back three at some point, but I'm not sure this
Really hope he doesn't play Holgate. I'd like to win.

Strongest team, Marco...don,t make the same mistake others have made.
We need to go strong because i really dont think anyone else in this comp is going to go full 1st team, none of the top 6 sides that are left in will, ok they have a good second 11 as well but to give ourselves a real shot we cant mess about

Southampton tonight Leicester then another international break.

Talk of playing a weakened team is fine if the backup players warranted chances/earned a rest or we had players good enough to slot in, but they deserve nothing the freaks.

The only one I’d consider taking out would be Gylfi for a two up top scenario.

Can we confirm it’s on telly somewhere so I can get a proper dodgy stream?
I dont think it is but i dont know, but reckon everyone just has champions league on, were up against Bayern Munich v Ajax, Lyon v Shakhtar Donetsk, CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid, Man Utd v Valencia ....etc

Status
Not open for further replies.