Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is also the argument to be made that we were so in awe of Carlo when he was here that we didn't allow ourselves to be critical or negative about anything he did.

I do agree that we possibly have gone to the other extreme now.

If Carlo had stayed as manager I think in time he could have built a team but I think in light of our lack of spending this summer I think he may have struggled more this season as he did in the second half of last season.

The opportunity to rejoin Madrid was too good to turn down but I do think that the manner in which he left possibly left a sour taste in peoples mouths . He did also leave a couple of problems bedind including the James situation.
I agree with the first part of your post but not the remainder.

We were so grateful , shocked even that we had Carlo as a manager that no one dared to question him.

However the 2nd half of the season was terrible with the manager unable to do anything to correct it.

But still.everyone held their breath and scared not to speak ill of Carlo.

"He's bound to get it right.....its Carlo ....the greatest manager ever"

But really it was just " the Kings new clothes"....." He's on a different level ....weren't not worthy or capable of understanding "

But the reality was that Carlo didn't really give a toss and left everything to Davide.

And you know we/ Moshiri / everyone should have seen this coming because the players at Bayern told us ...."no intensity in training " ......" Carlo isn't hands on in training"....." lacking in match day preparation ".

But no we were seduced by Carlo , those Latin shrugs and eyebrows and his falsely professed love for Everton and the city.

With the benefit of hindsight there is zero evidence that Carlo was capable of correcting the slump and putting us on an upward trajectory this season or more importantly that he could be arsed.

So now we have Benitez. A guy I despised as RS manager. But do you know what ....for whatever reason , be it his own ego or whatever he actually seems to care about the team performance and preparation.

Early days but I'm delighted to have been wrong .....again!

Chico mentioned 3 players...

He threw the name Gray out there...

Im hoping that twitter has copied it off here.

Townsend i could understand, 2 year deal as backup makes sense to me.

Gray on the other hand id be appalled with...hes an utter donkey.

Imagine if we approach Leverkusen and instead of asking for Tapsoba, Diaby, Bailey or Wirtz we want Gray.

That would be a real kick in the teeth.
Can't agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.