Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s true.
Pickford has made mistakes that have cost us. Howard made plenty to. I think Pickford has made more winning saves for us than Howard.

Also every Pickford mistake is highlighted on sky, motd. Talksport will have another debate, because he’s Englands number 1. The media didn’t give a toss if an American keeper made a mistake for a mid table team.

Imagine the outcry if Pickford had let in Lampards winner in the 09 final. That mistake was hardly mentioned, because nobody cared only us.

It’s true.
Pickford has made mistakes that have cost us. Howard made plenty to. I think Pickford has made more winning saves for us than Howard.

Also every Pickford mistake is highlighted on sky, motd. Talksport will have another debate, because he’s Englands number 1. The media didn’t give a toss if an American keeper made a mistake for a mid table team.

Imagine the outcry if Pickford had let in Lampards winner in the 09 final. That mistake was hardly mentioned, because nobody cared only us.

I think maybe you're just purposely ignoring all the good seasons Howard had until he started declining and making bloopers.

Pickford's time at Everton has been more bad than good on the whole.

I think maybe you're just purposely ignoring all the good seasons Howard had until he started declining and making bloopers.

Pickford's time at Everton has been more bad than good on the whole.

Howard deffo fell off a cliff earlier than people seem to remember, he was a joke from about 2010 onwards. But he did string together more consistent seasons in the early part of his time here than Pickford has ever come close to.

He really was bad mate. I remember thinking Joel would end up displacing him when we first signed him because he was that bad in the 2012/13 season. Also him trying to play basketball against Blackburn in 2010 will be burned in my retina forever.
Makes me laugh thinking about that. Everton all set to push on and have a great season ... oh no, Tim, what? Tim Howard what are you doing there please big man.

Howard and Pickford are at the same level for me. Both very good keepers in their prime with both having an error in them. I’d love us to find a Southall or Martyn type again but the ur e hard to find and the big clubs snap them up. Look at the issues Arsenal Spurs and even Chelsea until recently have had in goal. It took a world record fee for Liverpool to get ad event keeper and even he was playing through balls for City’s towards last season.

Howard and Pickford are at the same level for me. Both very good keepers in their prime with both having an error in them. I’d love us to find a Southall or Martyn type again but the ur e hard to find and the big clubs snap them up. Look at the issues Arsenal Spurs and even Chelsea until recently have had in goal. It took a world record fee for Liverpool to get ad event keeper and even he was playing through balls for City’s towards last season.

I think that Sam Johnstone at WBA will end up a very good steady eddy keeper like a Martyn.

I would say the standard of quality in general of players has dropped.

Since the games become just as much about stamina/pace than it has genuine ability you dont see many truly elite players coming through at present.

Players like Mbappe, & Haaland obviously stand out but over recent years you've had the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Torres, David Villa, David Silva, Neymar, Suarez, Xavi, Toure, Iniesta, Modric, Kroos, Bale etc all knocking around at the same time.

But Pickford is the age now, that Howard was when he joined. I feel Pickford has a great save in him that would win us points. Howard rarely seemed to pull out world class saves, when we needed one, late on when we were a goal up.

But Pickford is the age now, that Howard was when he joined. I feel Pickford has a great save in him that would win us points. Howard rarely seemed to pull out world class saves, when we needed one, late on when we were a goal up.

His American celebrations when he made a decent save were boss though

I would say the standard of quality in general of players has dropped.

Since the games become just as much about stamina/pace than it has genuine ability you dont see many truly elite players coming through at present.

Players like Mbappe, & Haaland obviously stand out but over recent years you've had the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Torres, David Villa, David Silva, Neymar, Suarez, Xavi, Toure, Iniesta, Modric, Kroos, Bale etc all knocking around at the same time.
Football was better in my day... Footballers were proper footballers then, not like these premadonnas these days.
What is the world coming to?
I remember when it was all fields.
I still have most of my own teeth you know.
*bores self to death*

Give it up Grandaddio

Football was better in my day... Footballers were proper footballers then, not like these premadonnas these days.
What is the world coming to?
I remember when it was all fields.
I still have most of my own teeth you know.
*bores self to death*

Give it up Grandaddio

Im suprised you know how to even use a keyboard never mind type all those big words out.

Bravo sir

Status
Not open for further replies.