Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lot (mainly davek) need to get your heads screwed back on.

Emphasis on this part.

We didn't approach United, van de Beek's agent approached us. Brands didn't spend all summer trying to get him, or negotiating with United or any of your other weird theories.

I imagine the club knew after last summer and the ridiculous of Romero that United probably wouldn't want to deal with us.
Yep it's fair enough.

Maybe if we thought James was off, then it'd have been good to get him in. Not that he offers what James does but in Benitez's system, probably plays the same position

You consider Ajax, a team that has competed in European finals and semi-finals within the past five years to be devoid of quality but Everton's title successes decades ago are evidence of some sort of exhalted status, despite us stinking up European competitions on the rare occasions we have qualified for them since the eighties. Who was it tilting at windmills again, Sancho Panza?

To be fair, he's right about Ajax now. They had to sell the quality, because they're Ajax. Dortmund has figured out how to reload, rather than rebuild. Apparently, the Bundesliga has room for a club like that. The Eridivisie doesn't right now, because it's the Dutch league. Nobody except the Dutch, scouts and the football-addicted watches.

We need to figure out how to load all six chambers of the revolver before we can rebuild or reload. If we figure that one out, we'll get our spot in the pecking order back. We're currently a fixer-upper. The history means we can have great rivalries again - the kind that, say, Leicester is unlikely to ever have.

exactly. He's a right back. Has to be some sort of an improvement.

You could stick a "Right Back" sticker on your Ma and I'd be happy to sign her.

Watching the Australian league on occasions I can assure you that he is some way off an improvement on Tony Hibbert in his fishing gear, nevermind JJK and Seamus

You cant even say the Australian league is a farmers league as the farmers would be offended!

I was not really sure where to put this but I thought when Howard started talking he would try and sugar coat it for Arteta.

Absolutely ruined him, what a man. 3.08 onwards

Tim's teeth remind me off the episode of friends where Ross gets his teeth whitened! They are the purest white I have ever seen!

Loved his assessment of the goalkeepers too! Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.