Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at him calling Ramsdale an ordinary keeper.

Tim made career out of it and I’m being kind.
Think he's pretty good in the studio.

Yes he was a poor goalie but I think he's right with Ramsdale, such a weird buy from Arsenal. Leno is much much better

Thought Howard was a poor keeper myself a chara, never rated him and undermined us more times than not in my opinion.
Bit unfair on him imo, Very good keeper up until his last two seasons when he did turn into a star jumping hologram, but before that he was a very consistent keeper and we usually were amongst the top 3-4 defensive records in the league most seasons with him. Believe he’s got the 7th most clean sheets in prem history and 3rd most in our history aswell

Think he's pretty good in the studio.

Yes he was a poor goalie but I think he's right with Ramsdale, such a weird buy from Arsenal. Leno is much much better

Howard was a very good keeper until his reflexes went. Happens to a lot of shorter keepers like Casillas, Given, Barthez etc. Their reactions go and they just fall off a cliff. The taller ones like Buffon Cech etc. can maintain their form a bit longer. We should have moved Howard on once this was obvious but kept him far too long.

At his peak though I’d have taken him above both Leno and Ramsdale.

Bit unfair on him imo, Very good keeper up until his last two seasons when he did turn into a star jumping hologram, but before that he was a very consistent keeper and we usually were amongst the top 3-4 defensive records in the league most seasons with him. Believe he’s got the 7th most clean sheets in prem history and 3rd most in our history aswell

Great keeper till the sad end.

Not for me mate, never rated him, didn't want to sign him after his year on loan. He had one good season the year we got to the FA cup final, felt we could have achieved more during that era with a more competent keeper. Whatever about the stat, it had to be looked at in context we had a top, top defense for large periods of his era i always felt they compensated for him a lot, he used to unsettle them at times in my opinion.

David James is 2nd on that list. Which other keepers in our history played 300-odd games?

After Nev and Martyn the best keeper we've had in the PL. Not that that's a massive list mind.
I would have Myhre ahead of him personally but I really rated Myhre...

Howard was fine for about 80% of his time here. His last couple of seasons it felt like every shot on target would result in a goal.

Howard was a very good keeper until his reflexes went. Happens to a lot of shorter keepers like Casillas, Given, Barthez etc. Their reactions go and they just fall off a cliff. The taller ones like Buffon Cech etc. can maintain their form a bit longer. We should have moved Howard on once this was obvious but kept him far too long.

At his peak though I’d have taken him above both Leno and Ramsdale.
I was never a big fan of Howard, was a good keeper, but not great IMO
I thought he was a bottle merchant and was rooted to his line to often. I bet we conceded loads of goals in the 6 yard box when he was in goal. Seemed scared to dominate his area.

Sir Alex got rid after one season, I think that says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.