Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another one completely tilting at windmills.

If Everton were in the Dutch league I'd say precisely that: that it was pony. But the PL we are in means that any step into it by a Dutch player is a step up....to ANY of those clubs, such is the giant leap in competition.

Unreal the amount of Everton supporters getting behind some Dutch nobhead's statement diminishing their own club.
I didn't mention any, what did you call them, "Dutch nobhead's[sic]". You consider Ajax, a team that has competed in European finals and semi-finals within the past five years to be devoid of quality but Everton's title successes decades ago are evidence of some sort of exhalted status, despite us stinking up European competitions on the rare occasions we have qualified for them since the eighties. Who was it tilting at windmills again, Sancho Panza?

I didn't mention any, what did you call them, "Dutch nobhead's[sic]". You consider Ajax, a team that has competed in European finals and semi-finals within the past five years to be devoid of quality but Everton's title successes decades ago are evidence of some sort of exhalted status, despite us stinking up European competitions on the rare occasions we have qualified for them since the eighties. Who was it tilting at windmills again, Sancho Panza?

You put far too much store in that competition as a measuring rod for quality.

Other SF's in the last decade in the CL:

Schalke
Leipzig
Lyon

...and going from any of them to a PL team would be a step up too.

VD Beek would only do well if played closely to Dom with Gray and Richarlison out wide. But as one of the two midfielders i prefer Allan / Doucs. Oh well he didn't join lol

You lot (mainly davek) need to get your heads screwed back on.

“Then we rang the bell. We had conversations with Solksjaer and the board. We took the initiative to find a club and our search ended up at Everton. We opened talks with Marcel Brands (Everton DOF) & Farhad Moshiri (Everton owner).”

Emphasis on this part.

We took the initiative to find a club and our search ended up at Everton.

We didn't approach United, van de Beek's agent approached us. Brands didn't spend all summer trying to get him, or negotiating with United or any of your other weird theories.

I imagine the club knew after last summer and the ridiculous of Romero that United probably wouldn't want to deal with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.