Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the revisionist history with Tim, because of his last couple of seasons. No doubt Coleman will be cast aside as well when hes gone because its easier to blame him than those in charge who didnt replace him in time.
We are all about the Revisionism on GOT.
Just look how terrible Ancelotti suddenly became when he moved to take over err.. Real Madrid.

Howard deffo fell off a cliff earlier than people seem to remember, he was a joke from about 2010 onwards. But he did string together more consistent seasons in the early part of his time here than Pickford has ever come close to.
Nah 13/14 was his last reasonable year. The 2014 World Cup he was legitimately decent and then dropped off for the national team too but people acted like he was great for awhile. Part of why 2018 went awry.

Not meaning this to be patronising Ig, but did you watch much of us in the seasons 2010-13?
Are you asking for opinions from someone who did, because its clear you didnt?

Such as 2012 when we were 3rd in goals allowed. Or in 2013 when we were 4th in goals allowed. Or in....your fantasy world where we struggled defensively but magically allowed very few goals but didnt score much because of Tim Howard?

We are all about the Revisionism on GOT.
Just look how terrible Ancelotti suddenly became when he moved to take over err.. Real Madrid.
I think there is also the argument to be made that we were so in awe of Carlo when he was here that we didn't allow ourselves to be critical or negative about anything he did.

I do agree that we possibly have gone to the other extreme now.

If Carlo had stayed as manager I think in time he could have built a team but I think in light of our lack of spending this summer I think he may have struggled more this season as he did in the second half of last season.

The opportunity to rejoin Madrid was too good to turn down but I do think that the manner in which he left possibly left a sour taste in peoples mouths . He did also leave a couple of problems bedind including the James situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.