Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to get too worked up about the mediocre signings as fixing this squad is a long and painful process

Getting rid of the high earners big big priority

If we were buying these players under Silva or even Ancelotti I’d be worried would they just be here to float through a season or two and pick up wages. Benitez has always valued hard working wide players though even at the expense of more creative ones. These lads will have to work both ways or they won’t be getting in the team.

Yes I agree with you. I think we are at late Smith/early Moyes time, where we have a manager who will want slightly unorthodox players to fit a system. We are not overpaying for any of them, if you think of the 3 we are close to signing for less than 5m fee and wages around 150k p/w it feels pretty smart business- rather than just paying big premium's for the big shiny new toy. I've seen we are looking at Lenglet on loan too, which feels another low risk, high reward option to me. That would be 3 players, and a backup goalkeeper who would improve our squad quite a fair bit.

I don't know if it's the Benitez input, the move away from Ancelotti, Brands or whether there is a more joined up approach at board level (or a combination of all) it feels like smarter recruitment if the figures are correct.

If it can be done, alongside the 3 or 4 younger players Brands has been linked with can come in, and cleaning out a lot of the higher paid dross it will help us.

Which Gray is this?

Andre????

Chico mentioned 3 players...

He threw the name Gray out there...

Im hoping that twitter has copied it off here.

I can live with that, tbf.

Brings proper pace which is what we need.

But still need better, like.

I like Demarai Gray myself. Pace and skill. Certainly for a low fee & wages he's worth a punt.

Townsend i could understand, 2 year deal as backup makes sense to me.

Gray on the other hand id be appalled with...hes an utter donkey.

Do people know Demerai Gray only joined Leverkusen in January?

Imagine if we approach Leverkusen and instead of asking for Tapsoba, Diaby, Bailey or Wirtz we want Gray.

That would be a real kick in the teeth.

If he has no decent net spend how do we compare any expectations we might have from him with the expectations we had (which were dashed) of our big spending managers?

A simple but logical point that cant be gainsaid with a gif.
Which big-spending manager have we had?

Moyes 13m
Big Sam 47m
Koeman 51m
Carlo 56m
Clownshoez 56m
Silva 100m

Imagine if we approach Leverkusen and instead of asking for Tapsoba, Diaby, Bailey or Wirtz we want Gray.

Can we buy the others for 2million?

Thing is, I don't think we are better than this :D

We have finished 12th and 10th in the last two seasons, we have just hired a manager who is deeply unpopular with the fanbase already and whose greatest achievement in recent times was winning the Champ with a Newcastle side who were by far the best in the division, and a DoF who has an extremely iffy track record with signings
Haha agreed, but signings like this won’t help turn the tide. Let’s just hope there a few more in the pipeline that we can all get behind

At 1 point he looked a very decent prospect, never really kicked on tho sadly.

He's the sort of signing an age Moyes bought a lot of. Peinaar, Arteta etc had very similar journey's. I'm not saying he will be as good as them, but we do have form for this.

Ultimately he has pace and carries the ball well. We are crying out for this. He would be a functional option, with his best years ahead of him, at a very cheap price.

I don't think he's any, worse than Iwobi, but we paid 30m for Iwobi. I'd rather gamble on someone coming good at 2m not 30m.

He's the sort of signing an age Moyes bought a lot of. Peinaar, Arteta etc had very similar journey's. I'm not saying he will be as good as them, but we do have form for this.

Ultimately he has pace and carries the ball well. We are crying out for this. He would be a functional option, with his best years ahead of him, at a very cheap price.

I don't think he's any, worse than Iwobi, but we paid 30m for Iwobi. I'd rather gamble on someone coming good at 2m not 30m.
There were a few stories before Brands signing his contract about him getting his wish.

Maybe this was it, cheap value signings that while wont get pulses racing COULD COULD prove useful and if they arent useful, we aint in the bin for 30million with an overpriced piece of tosh like Iwobi.

Coupled with some astute yoot signings.

I don't know how you can possibly assess a situation as Townsend yes Gray no. And that's not even because I rate Gray. It's a punt. But Townsend has been terrible for the better part of a decade. We know he'll be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.