Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two strikers already mate, one of them is about to go to an Olympic final with Brazil.

Whether Richarlison plays left or right or up front, he's a forward. So another forward was never going to be a priority unless we sold Kean - which I'm sure is still part of the plan.

I think Ings is a good signing for them. But with our current financial position there'd no chance we could be going on and spending that much money on an injury prone player with a year left on his deal.

I think S'ton have got a good deal financially and better than they'd have got from most other clubs who aren't, for whatever reason, currently as flush as Villa.

City looked at Ings, very closely. They wouldn't have paid £25-30m for him, that's for sure. But yes, think he's a very good addition for Villa.

I consider Richardson an inside forward myself, rather than a natural no 9, which I think both Watkins and Ings are. It’s like Son and Kane, I consider him an inside forward to, to Kane no 9. Two forward positions granted but separate skill sets and roles.

I think the idea would be player trading, if Moise goes we need a support striker in my opinion. So your looking at making a profit on flipping Moise for someone like Ings, that was my take anyway.

Given the context business wise it’s a great deal for Southampton, in footballing terms it could be catasphruc, he will be a huge miss for them, footballing wise he’s worth more to Southampton then 25 mill.

As Villa fan says, if they get 4 years out of him, at 10- 15 goals a year, it’s about 6 mill a year, it’s defo worth that for PL goals, presuming fitness of course which is a risk.

It’s the equation you run, we took Jamo on last season, on the same basis really, we knew we might only get 20 games a season out of him, but PL goals are valuable, and we took a risk on his output, Villa doing like wise, I know we got Jamo on a free but we’re likely paying him a lot more than Villa are paying Ings.

Could be worse gents, could always be an arsenal fan stuck with a tinpot manager with a tinpot board and a parasitic owner.
We just lost Carlo, James is off.. A certain someone is suspended. We appointed a rivals former manager and we signed Andros Townsend and can't spend any more because we can't shift any dead wood, whilst everyone around us spends away, apart from that it's looking great.

He'd have taken us down spending £300M when he had us 5th, 11th and 11th with a net spend over those 3 seasons of £47M?

Are you sure?

100% Dave, as other managers here have proved by spending close to 600 million and we are a mid table club?

In his last season the plot was lost and we would have spiraled down, especially since he did coach defense

Look at Belgium, best team in the world (subject to opinion) at one stage, he was manager, they won nothing!

I would have liked to see Moyes with money though that may have been interesting, and I don't believe you can compare the money spent at United as there were different expectations, and a team full of prima donna's

I would like to see Leighton Baines get more involved in our transfer activity. Bainesy would be a terrific DOF; he bleeds blue and apart from his leading the insurrection against phenomenal Bobby M, his loyalty to the club has been pretty good.

I composed this haiku:

Bainesy stabbed Bobby
In the back; @davek fumed
Blue Bill cried and cried
Not enough haiku
Posts on this forum these days
Excellent effort

*I’m drunk

One of the reasons why we're in such a crap financial situation is that we haven't cashed in on any of our 'prestige' players over the past few years

Seeing as they appear to be the most aspirational and attainable club to imitate - Leicester have sold Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell over the past 3 years for nearly £180m

Aston Villa now get the chance to do a hard reset by obtaining £100m for Grealish

Our loveable neighbours have fluked a couple of big money sales recently which has funded the large scale improvements to their squad (The Coutinho, Sterling and Suarez sales basically allowed them to start afresh)

Status
Not open for further replies.