Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Dumfries
Screenshot_20210804-225350_Samsung Internet.jpg

It’s the dynamic of the front two, I think is excellent, which is why I wanted Ings. It’s very hard to keep two strikers happy, we struggled ourselves with Kean and DCL, Spurs have struggled for years finding a second striker for Kane, Chelsea have struggled, arguably City, Arsenal etc. It’s the hardest thing in squad building in the PL in my opinion, but you need it. Have a good 1, but a high quality two, without rocking the boat I think Villa have managed it Ings is the perfect no 2. 15-20 games a season, impact sub, great signing. If they’d signed Tammy they were on a hiding to nothing as both would want to start.

25 mill, is a high fee, with likely no resale, but it’s how you value that role. PL goals are invaluable, Villa I think I’m right in saying only had young Davies as a back up for Watkins. The other way you have to look at it is, is he worth 25 mill to Southampton, probably worth a lot more to them. But his contract was running down and he would have left for free.

We have two strikers already mate, one of them is about to go to an Olympic final with Brazil.

Whether Richarlison plays left or right or up front, he's a forward. So another forward was never going to be a priority unless we sold Kean - which I'm sure is still part of the plan.

I think Ings is a good signing for them. But with our current financial position there'd no chance we could be going on and spending that much money on an injury prone player with a year left on his deal.

I think S'ton have got a good deal financially and better than they'd have got from most other clubs who aren't, for whatever reason, currently as flush as Villa.

City looked at Ings, very closely. They wouldn't have paid £25-30m for him, that's for sure. But yes, think he's a very good addition for Villa.

I am very happy with Ings. There is no resale value but for 25m if he scores 15 goals a season for the next few years that is very good value. It also gives us much need backup. We only play 1 striker up front so it will be interesting to see how / where he fits in. Maybe Watkins out wide but either way it is excellent strength in depth which is something we were lacking
What's wrong with Wesley? I thought he was doing OK in his first season until his unfortunate injury. Why doesn't the club trust him now? Watkins shouldn't be moved out of position. He was doing fantastic in his first season.

This just screams like a panic buy. Paying £30m on a 29 year old player with 1 year left on his who has a history of being out injured for years doesn't sound like good business. You would have been better off buying one more quality creative player for that fee.

What's wrong with Wesley? I thought he was doing OK in his first season until his unfortunate injury. Why doesn't the club trust him now? Watkins shouldn't be moved out of position. He was doing fantastic in his first season.

This just screams like a panic buy. Paying £30m on a 29 year old player with 1 year left on his who has a history of being out injured for years doesn't sound like good business. You would have been better off buying one more quality creative player for that fee.

Ings is fair better than Wesley

Eh tell you what, imagine us just randomly announcing a £25m signing out of the blue with no protracted sagas whatsoever or even a rumour hahahahahahahaha.

Tbh id rather be Chelsea buying a world class striker thats all over the news then villa buying kak under the radar.

Wes is effectively in his 1st season. He played from Aug to Jan 1st and then was out injured for nearly 18 months. I think he is a great player and one for the future. He needs to build fitness and get used to English football and I think he can be a big player for Villa. If we want to try and get into Europe we need goals and Ings is about the nearest thing on the market for about 25m that would somewhat guarantee us goals. He is 1 in 2 for Saints. So I think he was bought as a short term, albeit expensive player for goals for the next 2 seasons.

As regards panic buying. That happens at the end of the transfer window. It is only Aug 4th and imo we are getting players in early in the window to avoid a bidding war and have them contributing to the team early.

Status
Not open for further replies.