Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Dave, as other managers here have proved by spending close to 600 million and we are a mid table club?

In his last season the plot was lost and we would have spiraled down, especially since he did coach defense

Look at Belgium, best team in the world (subject to opinion) at one stage, he was manager, they won nothing!

I would have liked to see Moyes with money though that may have been interesting, and I don't believe you can compare the money spent at United as there were different expectations, and a team full of prima donna's
I’d have liked to have seen the moyes side of 07/08-08/09 with some serious cash - in my view we just needed a world class operator at the top end of the pitch to be the difference maker.

Martinez would have been fascinating with serious money but I strongly suspect the same failings would have come to the fore - the squad became really ill disciplined in the end.

Can someone explain how we are not allowed to spend 15 million on a RB but City can spend 100 million on Grealish? FFP is confusing and this is some super league crud

They earn a lot more money than us such as:

- Prize Money; they won the league and got to the CL final
- Better dodgy sponsorship deals
- They’ve sold approx £40m worth of players so far who never even sniffed the first team and they lost Aguero which was a massive chunk of wages
-Rumours they’ll sell a big name like Laporte or Bernardo

They earn a lot more money than us such as:

- Prize Money; they won the league and got to the CL final
- Better dodgy sponsorship deals
- They’ve sold approx £40m worth of players so far who never even sniffed the first team and they lost Aguero which was a massive chunk of wages
-Rumours they’ll sell a big name like Laporte or Bernardo
Financial doping

People laughing at Ings for £30m are the same people who think Moise Keane is worth £50m. I don’t get our fans.
Although he's just turned 29, I think Ings for £25m is a savvy piece of business on their behalf: an experience and competent striker with a decent return.

Kean has youth on his side and is still seen as a player with potential, but I suspect if you ask most PL fans who'd guarantee more goals it wouldn't be Kean.

All the players we want to get off the wage bill or possibly need to shift have a caveat or are just gash.

Rodriguez- bad injury history
Kean. - move hasn’t worked out so damaged goods.
Tosun - broken
Gylfi - hmmm
Delph - cringeworthy bell always injured
Gomes - would you buy him?
Kenny - not good enough for PL

apart from the top 2, who on the right minds would buy any of the others? The recruitment of the last few years has really come home to roost this summer.

I'd rather give Kean a chance tbh he's still only 21, not many lads his age have scored what he has at clubs and coming to the fastest league from one of the slowest initially was probably a shock for him but we have a highly rated 21 year old striker, we need to utilise him properly and get him up to the pace of the game and we then don't need to splash for another because although selling gives us wiggle room, we also need to replace him and prob gylfi too.

Just over a week to the start of the season and there look to be big gaps in this squad.

There are no goals in it, for a start. Apart from DCL and Richie, who is going to get more than 5 league goals this season?

We struggled to get goals from midfield last season and the few we did get from James and Siggi are likely being removed from the team this season.

chance creation/assists - Who’s getting more than 5 assists this season? Hard to see any of the midfield. Is our left back the most likely to get 5+ assists? Again we’ve lost Siggi and James from what was already a meagre output last season.

Who can you see being the go too guy to make a difference in the final third? Gray, Townsend, Iwobi?

Truth is there are few goals and few assist makers in this team. Doesn’t look like signings on the horizon to address that. A season of KITAP1 awaits and incredible to me that some people are feeling excited/optimistic about the direction we’ve taken for the season. Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.