Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord have mercy if Everton go another week without signing a right back or winger.
On the bright side every week we go without signing a right back or winger is another week we don't lumber ourselves with an overpaid player, on a 5 year deal, that when we see he's not good enough and have Coleman back in we can't offload them.

I know it was a while back but remember when Man U signed Van Persie with one year remaining for 15m…
Ings for double that at 29 is crazy money. People saying Villa being smart buying before everyone knows they have money don’t seem to realise everyone already knew Grealish was off and have mugged them off anyway

It's a gamble, they won just 4 of the 15 games that he didn't play in (obviously one was a away to us). Bringing in a lot of young players who aren't Prem proven - excluding Ings - could be genius or end in tears.
I think the success of Watkins, Konsa and Cash has given the board a little more confidence in buying non PL young players that were the top players in the respective club in the Championship. Eze at Palace is the one we all missed out on. Palace got him for about 20m, he is probably worth at least twice that now

I know it was a while back but remember when Man U signed Van Persie with one year remaining for 15m…
Ings for double that at 29 is crazy money. People saying Villa being smart buying before everyone knows they have money don’t seem to realise everyone already knew Grealish was off and have mugged them off anyway
Coupled with the fact Ings is an absolute crock. Knows where the net is like,I'll give him that.

I think the success of Watkins, Konsa and Cash has given the board a little more confidence in buying non PL young players that were the top players in the respective club in the Championship. Eze at Palace is the one we all missed out on. Palace got him for about 20m, he is probably worth at least twice that now
Really liked the look of Watkins, he destroyed us that first game in the league, was delighted he got suspended for the second!
Was he that good all season?

Most are wetting their beds and talking about loyalty and stuff like that. I think too many people forget that football is a business and it needs to be managed as such to keep on top of things and try to compete. I think the realisation will drop in time that 100m would be daft to refuse. But the main reason Villa fans are annoyed is that a bigger club is taking our best players. Fans don't like to see that happen. It's kind of like why lads with small dicks buy a Porsche. The alfa male is coming through.
I would like it if clubs like City weren't able to blow others out of the water and you could keep him.

It's just too much to turn down (fee for you and wages for him).

As for the loyalty thing I think that he has been with you for a long time and it's probably because you look like you are progressing. If you had finished 17th again, fans would probably think fair enough. Unfortunately, you probably need his transfer fee to step up and progress further.

Status
Not open for further replies.