Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some absolute gold lurking in the vaults from when we were linked to Sandro. People proclaiming he'd be an upgrade on the outgoing Lukaku. Spreading the goals around etc. I've tried and tried to find them but I think the threads are either buried deep or gone.

1628094091578.png

1628094115209.png

Feels like an individual opportunity to take a couple of loan punts this season - I miss Everloan
Spurs and Villa will be on a massive spending spree soon.
Loans maybe all that’s left for us.

We still desperately need a right back and our DOF hasn’t delivered one for the second season running.

Just no need whatsoever for your tone ,no need at all ,just highlighting it

Like I was shown

I've been here since 2007.

You've been here since Saturday.

You register, and post moaning the Everton transfer thread is monotonous.

Monotonous.
- dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest.

I'm giving you the wisdom of my experience on this forum - which is nobody is going to come along and give you the transfer scoop you crave. Everton transfer news is currently monotonous.

If you don't like that tone, or people referring to you as a mate then you're not going to last long here.

What would be the managers motivation for doing that?

Besides, they've already brought in three players.

A quote from Brands a few years back;

…. the manager might be single minded and particular about the individuals he wants. I often think the Manager/DoF will be on the same page for the ‘type’ of player required (a fast goal-scoring winger, a ball carrying midfielder etc) but if the Manager is reluctant to accept the specific players offered by the DoF, the situation becomes difficult.

I agree with you on the process, but that process does allow a Manager to largely acquire the individuals he selects. I wonder if that might increasingly be the case with Benitez. More specifically, the majority of acquisitions will be identified by him.

I still don't understand?

What is it you think Brands hasn't stood up for himself/made sufficient opposition to Moshiri over?

Allardyce was before Brands was here. Allardyce was the decision of the previous DoF, Steve Walsh.

Benitez? Why is your assumption that Moshiri wanted him and Brands didn't? He ticks every Brands box in terms of profile (Brands appointed Martin Jol/Ronald Koeman/Advocaat a few times) - Brands if on record repeatedly of talking up the benefit of experience in managers and Brands has publicly endorsed Benitez.

When we sign Ben Godfrey or Lucas Digne - who was that?

When we sign Fabian Delph or Josh King - who was that?

When we made daft bids for Zaha, and then sign Iwobi - who was that?

Do we pick and choose who we credit and who we blame? Or do we just accept that every transfer who comes in ultimately got Brands thumbs up?
This has always been the Everton way since Kenwright had ownership. It was always the case that anything good that happened was down to good luck or someone else, and anything bad was Kenwright's poor running of the club. It seems we want people in the club to either be infallible and every decision they make is perfect, or they are completely useless and can't do anything right. Football isn't an exact science, so we are bound to get some things right and some things wrong.

I would like to see Leighton Baines get more involved in our transfer activity. Bainesy would be a terrific DOF; he bleeds blue and apart from his leading the insurrection against phenomenal Bobby M, his loyalty to the club has been pretty good.

I composed this haiku:

Bainesy stabbed Bobby
In the back; @davek fumed
Blue Bill cried and cried

You can’t have a DoF who allows managers to come in and hand pick a couple of players they want, especially as often as we change managers because you get left with a squad like ours!

Equally though, you can't have a manager come in and not allow them any input on what their team should be.

Any big transfers will continue to be Brands - as it has been since he's been on the board. As he demonstrated with Godfrey and Doucoure to a manager of significantly greater profile than Benitez.

Reactions: JLW
You can’t have a DoF who allows managers to come in and hand pick a couple of players they want, especially as often as we change managers because you get left with a squad like ours!
Totally agree.
What was he doing over in America with the squad training ?
No need to be there.
Should be sat at his desk dealing with the gobshite agents who run the game it seems.

And as for City spending £100m on a player when they have Silva, Mahrez, Torres and bloody Foden in those positions already, the games gone.

Not giving the ‘big 6’ a transfer ban or massive fine for wanting to leave will kill any competitiveness for years.

You're preaching to the choir, but this isn't Brands's fault, is it? In the same way we are all pretty certain Benitez and Ancelotti weren't his idea, he can only work in the system he is given
“Our approach now is to have a Director of Football with a broader remit, responsible for the whole footballing strategy at the Club, rather than just player recruitment.

"Marcel is now responsible, and accountable, for delivering the long-term, holistic, football strategy and principles, from Academy through to the first team.
“Marcel has now begun his work on delivering the cub’s long-term, permanent football strategy, working closely with the Academy Director (Joel Waldron) and Head of Football Strategy (Richard Battle).”
I've copied this statement from a post made by GrandOldTeam earlier. I'm not sure who actually made it or even when it was made, but it is clearly a "club" statement.

This is exactly what I was expecting when Brands was appointed and I think it's fair to say that none of this has actually happened. I don't believe this is Brands fault. I think he's come up against a club that was reluctant to change with an owner who continually picks managers who won't fit into that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.