Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although he's just turned 29, I think Ings for £25m is a savvy piece of business on their behalf: an experience and competent striker with a decent return.

Kean has youth on his side and is still seen as a player with potential, but I suspect if you ask most PL fans who'd guarantee more goals it wouldn't be Kean.
I know we're all looking over at Villa park envious at their summer spending spree but If we'd signed a 29 year old injury prone striker for nearly 30 million our fan base would be up in arms. Fair play to Villa though. The Grealish sale gives them financial room to crazy and that this signing feels like to me. Ings will get you goals but he'll just as likely miss half a season as his legs seem to be made out of the same fragile material as James' goolies!

Nope, the fact hes made 162 Premier league apperences in 7 years is though.
Yes he had his injuries but they were mainly in 2015 - 17. He has played 91 PL games and 9 cup games in the last 3 seasons. I would be happy with that number of games played. As Villa play one up front he won't be needed to play all 38 games each season. There is no question it is a risk buying Ings but that is reflected in the reported 25m fee

Kean is still only 21 and been written off by alot of our fans...despite;

Lack or mins on the pitch
Having no midfield
Being dropped after having a good game
Doing well for Juventus and PSG

Im confident he's going to be a far superior player than Danny Ings.

People laughing at Ings for £30m are the same people who think Moise Keane is worth £50m. I don’t get our fans.

That oaf Michael Keane cost us £25mil from Burnley...he had a year left on his deal as well.

I know we're all looking over at Villa park envious at their summer spending spree but If we'd signed a 29 year old injury prone striker for nearly 30 million our fan base would be up in arms. Fair play to Villa though. The Grealish sale gives them financial room to crazy and that this signing feels like to me. Ings will get you goals but he'll just as likely miss half a season as his legs seem to be made out of the same fragile material as James' goolies!
I think that's what it isn't the terrible signing some people are suggesting. It's unlikely he'll play every game of the season - nowhere near - but he'll score.

It's not an acquisition that's thinking too far in the future, but Villa will want goals next season when losing their best talent and it's likely he'll do that.*

I would personally probably have Ings over Kean, however that's not saying I believe Ings is the signing we'd truly want or need especially in the long-term.

*compared to other strikers they could probably get.

Just over a week to the start of the season and there look to be big gaps in this squad.

There are no goals in it, for a start. Apart from DCL and Richie, who is going to get more than 5 league goals this season?

We struggled to get goals from midfield last season and the few we did get from James and Siggi are likely being removed from the team this season.

chance creation/assists - Who’s getting more than 5 assists this season? Hard to see any of the midfield. Is our left back the most likely to get 5+ assists? Again we’ve lost Siggi and James from what was already a meagre output last season.

Who can you see being the go too guy to make a difference in the final third? Gray, Townsend, Iwobi?

Truth is there are few goals and few assist makers in this team. Doesn’t look like signings on the horizon to address that. A season of KITAP1 awaits and incredible to me that some people are feeling excited/optimistic about the direction we’ve taken for the season. Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!
I agree about the lack of goals/assists. I'm hoping Gray could do quite well but we really need a RB who can contribute.

All the players we want to get off the wage bill or possibly need to shift have a caveat or are just gash.

Rodriguez- bad injury history
Kean. - move hasn’t worked out so damaged goods.
Tosun - broken
Gylfi - hmmm
Delph - cringeworthy bell always injured
Gomes - would you buy him?
Kenny - not good enough for PL

apart from the top 2, who on the right minds would buy any of the others? The recruitment of the last few years has really come home to roost this summer.
You have summed up our difficulties very well in your post, though I think you could include Holgate in this list and possibly Mina. We have a large section of our squad who are not good enough or injury prone to mount a concerted challenge over a season. We have brought them in on very good deals which makes them very difficult to move on so we are stuck with them until contracts run out. We have needed a serious look at our recruitment policy for a long while, maybe what we are seeing now is the result of this. I would be content to see us not squandering vast amounts of money on average players for a window or two if it meant we were consolidating. We have moved a few on this window so we probably have some latitude to get someone in, but make it someone who we need, someone who will help us and not someone who will become a burden over the next while. I am as frustrated as anyone when I read the news about who is going where and we don’t feature but we have had a few years of throwing money at the problem maybe this is us taking stock. Something we need to do.

All the players we want to get off the wage bill or possibly need to shift have a caveat or are just gash.

Rodriguez- bad injury history
Kean. - move hasn’t worked out so damaged goods.
Tosun - broken
Gylfi - hmmm
Delph - cringeworthy bell always injured
Gomes - would you buy him?
Kenny - not good enough for PL

apart from the top 2, who on the right minds would buy any of the others? The recruitment of the last few years has really come home to roost this summer.
I still think that at least in the short term Gomes, the one we mustn't name and Rodriguez could and should have a role to play in our XI or the squad.

You could say the same with Kean too, however I believe most of us have recognised that if there's the right fee we would be happier and better off selling him.

Tosun, Delph and Kenny are the priorities to move on because they offer little to nothing in term of quality plus can rarely be fit. But as know, who'd want them?

The deficiencies we all see will mean it's unlikely others will want them and more so on the wages we've let them become accustomed to.

It's disappointing that we'll have to move on the better off our less desirable players because with additional signings I think we'd have an okay(ish) squad.

You have summed up our difficulties very well in your post, though I think you could include Holgate in this list and possibly Mina. We have a large section of our squad who are not good enough or injury prone to mount a concerted challenge over a season. We have brought them in on very good deals which makes them very difficult to move on so we are stuck with them until contracts run out. We have needed a serious look at our recruitment policy for a long while, maybe what we are seeing now is the result of this. I would be content to see us not squandering vast amounts of money on average players for a window or two if it meant we were consolidating. We have moved a few on this window so we probably have some latitude to get someone in, but make it someone who we need, someone who will help us and not someone who will become a burden over the next while. I am as frustrated as anyone when I read the news about who is going where and we don’t feature but we have had a few years of throwing money at the problem maybe this is us taking stock. Something we need to do.
I actually forgot Iwobi!

Status
Not open for further replies.