Homepage Update: Everton look to complete deal for Charlton starlet Konsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
..if this lad does come in it will leave us with quite a few CBs in and around the first team; Konsa, Holgate, Williams, Jagielka, Keane, Feeney, Mori. You can see why there appears uncertainty about also bringing Adama Soumaoro in.

We need better quality but we also need good housekeeping, so some will have to move on. I suspect Jagielka’s contract is up soon but we simply have to lose some personnel for efficiency purposes.
Jags should go, hopefully sell Mori. Keep williams as cover for another season. Add one top class centre back and we should be ok. Obviously this depends on Keane finding some form and holgate keeps improving. A few big If’s like.

Feeney & konsa 5/6 choice, loan one out?

..if this lad does come in it will leave us with quite a few CBs in and around the first team; Konsa, Holgate, Williams, Jagielka, Keane, Feeney, Mori. You can see why there appears uncertainty about also bringing Adama Soumaoro in.

We need better quality but we also need good housekeeping, so some will have to move on. I suspect Jagielka’s contract is up soon but we simply have to lose some personnel for efficiency purposes.
Sell Jags williams and feeney

I think you have to look at signings like this with a cold eye these days, yes we sign them and they could make the first team but we have a cottage industry going with loaning players out, getting loan fees and if they dont make the grade sell them on at their level, its at worse cost neutral at best you make a profit and you may come across a very good player that will save you or make 10's of millions.

..often easier said that done given these blokes are sitting on fat contracts. I doubt he’d want both Jagielka and Williams to go in this window.
Nah you're absolutely right.

Come the summer though sell at minimum one of jags/williams and bring in a super centre half

I think you have to look at signings like this with a cold eye these days, yes we sign them and they could make the first team but we have a cottage industry going with loaning players out, getting loan fees and if they dont make the grade sell them on at their level, its at worse cost neutral at best you make a profit and you may come across a very good player that will save you or make 10's of millions.

I. E. John stones. Got no problem with these punts, but I would like if we could splash some dollar on a boss centre back in their prime. We will have bought this guy and gibson for £10m, yet our first team defenders are all either too old or very young and still learning. Barring mori who hasn't been seen for a year.

The one thing this shows is that one aspect of our club is working in a coordinated manner - identifying and bringing in good youngsters to fill gaps in our own youth set up. At U23s level we have two decent and promising CBs, Feeney and Gibson , 18 and 17 . The best of the current u18 CBs are two years away . Of the ones coming out of the u18s in July I doubt if any will be ready for the U23s next season, as only one , Con Ouzonidis , looks remotely likely to be offered a contract and that’s iffy too in my view.
So we identify a gap and fill it with a promising 20 year old for £4mill, a smart move I think. Who knows if he’ll make it , but a good risk/reward balance there. This is where Walsh/ Unsworth earn their money , identifying gaps, filling gaps, turning promising youngsters into first team squad players. Let’s not forget that decent CBs these days cost anything from £30. - £75 mill .

No, no, and again no.

Every penny we have need's to go players ready to challenge for the first 11 now!

I'm sick of 'promising' defenders, and non-scoring midfielders.

Husqvarna-K760-Consaw-Macroom-Tool-Hire-Sales.jpg

If we can sell him for £80m in about 4 years what’s not to love about this?

First let him be a regular defender, then shush the Park End while pirouetting, then let's have a flash in the pan manager sing his song and defy a "big club" to come get him, then let's sell him and start it all over.

Not that I'm hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.