Homepage Update: Everton look to complete deal for Charlton starlet Konsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn`t see him going straight in alongside Holgate if signed.

He`d be one for sub appearance`s and next season.

Plus he`d also keep Lookman company off the pitch, as they`ve come through the Charlton youth set up together ( which could be another possible reason for him coming )
First thing that came into my mind too. Expensive mate but if he's half decent we shouldn't lose money on him. Can cover RB too.

It doesn’t sound imminent by the looks of things as there manager as told Kent Live today:

Ezri Konsa is being touted for a big money move to Everton, Arsenal or one of the Premier League giants.

But without a CEO and with the transfer situation as it is, with boss Karl Robinson told there are no signings allowed, it seems that departures too might not be happening as expected.

"The idea with Ezri was always that there would be that sale and we'd get him back on loan," said Robinson.

"He good thing is about this situation [takeover talk, no CEO] there's nobody here for anyone to contact about it.

"It's almost like we've got into bunkers hiding and they can't catch us.

"Some day he will be a top defender in the Premier League. You've seen how good he was again the other night against Oxford.

"Normally we would have someone in constant dialogue with the club he was going to. But we don't have that contact.

"We know he will be there one day."

Not sure being good against Oxford screams future Premier league star ha

Sake. Wasting are money on players that will never come good. When was the last time we had a young defender come through the team ffs?

...Holgate, Stones, Galloway were all similar low risk, low cost purchases. Kenny and Feeney have come through the ranks. Browning, Robinson and Connolly out on loan in the Championship. I suspect you jest.

Last edited:
..if this lad does come in it will leave us with quite a few CBs in and around the first team; Konsa, Holgate, Williams, Jagielka, Keane, Feeney, Mori. You can see why there appears uncertainty about also bringing Adama Soumaoro in.

We need better quality but we also need good housekeeping, so some will have to move on. I suspect Jagielka’s contract is up soon but we simply have to lose some personnel for efficiency purposes.

I think this should be a bring him in and loan him back to them deal like Onyekuru so he keeps getting first team minutes. He won’t get a kick in our first team this season but another half season with Charlton and then impressing on pre season who knows!

..if this lad does come in it will leave us with quite a few CBs in and around the first team; Konsa, Holgate, Williams, Jagielka, Keane, Feeney, Mori. You can see why there appears uncertainty about also bringing Adama Soumaoro in.

We need better quality but we also need good housekeeping, so some will have to move on. I suspect Jagielka’s contract is up soon but we simply have to lose some personnel for efficiency purposes.

unfortunately both jagielka and williams are both contracted to 2019. i hope we try to shift them on this summer though, they really shouldnt be playing much next season if we want to compete

unfortunately both jagielka and williams are both contracted to 2019. i hope we try to shift them on this summer though, they really shouldnt be playing much next season if we want to compete

..cheers, I didn’t know Jagielka had another season. If I remember rightly, he was close to leaving in the summer but Koeman chose to keep him. I think he wants regular football and I suspect the club will allow him one last pay day. Be interesting if Williams is made available.

..cheers, I didn’t know Jagielka had another season. If I remember rightly, he was close to leaving in the summer but Koeman chose to keep him. I think he wants regular football and I suspect the club will allow him one last pay day. Be interesting if Williams is made available.

i think he signed a 1 yr extension around sept time

I would hazard a guess and say the FSA knows absolutely nothing about this deal and has had no say on the matter.
This is a Walsh deal all the way.
He will go straight into the U23s and stay there for the rest of the season with Unsworth.
We played so many young players in the Derby because the rest of the first team squad were either injured or are crap

But Walsh has said no player is signed unless both him and the manager are in total agreement about him.

(not that I would be 100% believing owt he said)

But Walsh has said no player is signed unless both him and the manager are in total agreement about him.

(not that I would be 100% believing owt he said)
Maybe that’s now , we have no idea how it worked under Koeman and with the short deal FSA has I doubt very much if he’s interested in signing young players.

This is everton mate, were we stockpile in one position and leave us thread bare in others

Status
Not open for further replies.