Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
super_Marcel.jpg

I can't see it. We play with an attacking 3 in front of Gylfi supported by two centre mids. Going to 3 still requires 2 centre mids but won't allow both a front 3 and Gylfi in his most effective position.
Imo he looked more effective when deeper today, I'd rather see him as an 8.

Imo he looked more effective when deeper today, I'd rather see him as an 8.

He was in a more advanced position than either of the centre mids today and was not far behind Richarlison in his overall position. He does good work deep but that's playing higher up and dropping deep as and when the situation suits. Sitting deeper and coming forward is a different role and one that doesn't play to his strengths.

Playing a deeper role in a 2 man midfield would nullify a lot of freedom and make him easier to pick up.

He was in a more advanced position than either of the centre mids today and was not far behind Richarlison in his overall position. He does good work deep but that's playing higher up and dropping deep as and when the situation suits. Sitting deeper and coming forward is a different role and one that doesn't play to his strengths.

Playing a deeper role in a 2 man midfield would nullify a lot of freedom and make him easier to pick up.
I'm near sure he played in a deeper role when subs were made today mate, then he scored a blammo!

Great to see Marcel Brands greeting the players as they leave the pitch. Half-expected him to be offering them each a Martini (shaken, not stirred)

Status
Not open for further replies.