Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed Mina for 5 years. Even if he doesn’t play at all this year, which he will in about a month, if he’s boss for the next 4 it’s still a great signing. Gomes is low risk high reward and and we needed a midfielder. If he turns out boss second half and helps push us into Europe, another great signing. If not, no real harm done. Have some patience and calm down you lunatics.

I wonder what Brands now thinks of our academy and the coaching
He said after the summer window closed that he will now look more closely at the academy
I know the under 23s and the under 18s are top of their respective leagues , but under age football is not mainly concerned with trophies but more in making sure players are developed to push for first team places
Over the last few seasons only Davies and JJK have stepped up and with a fully fit squad I wouldn’t expect either to start
The likes of Vlasic , Henry , Lookman who were all bought in seem to have a better chance of making it to first team level
So will Brands look to change coaches , coaching methods recruitment etc
Will he insist on all teams playing the same formation as the first team and recruit youngsters who fit that style of play
At PSV he excelled at the academy and on progressing young players to the first team although it is a weaker league that lends itself more than the PL to blooding younger players

I wonder what Brands now thinks of our academy and the coaching
He said after the summer window closed that he will now look more closely at the academy
I know the under 23s and the under 18s are top of their respective leagues , but under age football is not mainly concerned with trophies but more in making sure players are developed to push for first team places
Over the last few seasons only Davies and JJK have stepped up and with a fully fit squad I wouldn’t expect either to start
The likes of Vlasic , Henry , Lookman who were all bought in seem to have a better chance of making it to first team level
So will Brands look to change coaches , coaching methods recruitment etc
Will he insist on all teams playing the same formation as the first team and recruit youngsters who fit that style of play
At PSV he excelled at the academy and on progressing young players to the first team although it is a weaker league that lends itself more than the PL to blooding younger players

To have any sort of continuity, this is key.

You brilliant, brilliant man. Only signs belters. 100% hit ratio so far and the best part is that there are 2 more to come. If Mina and Gomes are anywhere as good as the 4 today then I think it's fair to say that we are gonna win the prem and the world cup.

Two crocks he signed. Richarlison is Silva's signing. Digne and Bernard probably down to him as they fit the bill in terms of taking talent being wasted by CL clubs.

4/10, maybe 5/10 for the summer work he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.