Everton Announces Executive Leadership Restructure

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case though, it's continuity of crap. 90% of the people who are running the club like crap are still gonna be there. Likewise the person who is gonna be "running" them, is from within the same crap regime.

Personally thought he needed a "world class" CEO from the outside to shake things up.

besides the only incoming football changes is a manager and a football director, which happens all the time in football. The club needs a complete reset. Its what should have been done as soon as moshiri bought everton.

Moshiri is the regime. Not his CEO. Nothing will be shaken up by appointments he makes beneath him. And I don’t buy this idea of everything needing a compelete reset on and off pitch. His broad strategy is good. The recruitment has been bad, on and off pitch. The implementation carried out by the people he appointed has been bad. He’s trying to fix that immediately, which is a good thing.

Reactions: kev
Mosh has got his 2 men in key positions and DDB is the media face of the club to the outside world, which she is very good at.
Don't underestimate Denise, she is well in with the council and local government and is very switched on,
I think these a great changes, getting side show bob out and preparing the post kenwright era with a Scouser still as the face of the club.

(I'd love to watch it when Denise sacks BFS, as a dinosaur he wont like being booted out by a female!

Good luck to DBB who's ran EITC extremely well but the idea that working in education before running a small charity attached to a football club prepares someone to be CEO of that club is ludicrous. Elstone's CV before arriving at GP shows someone vastly and I mean vastly more qualified for the position.

His CV after arriving begs to differ.

I was hoping someone external would come in to replace elstone, nothing against “the professor”, just hoping for someone with a background in Big commercial deals so we can get; backers for the stadium, better shirt sponsor deals and better kit deals. It feels like we are well behind some of the other teams in the league on the commercial side

I was hoping someone external would come in to replace elstone, nothing against “the professor”, just hoping for someone with a background in Big commercial deals so we can get; backers for the stadium, better shirt sponsor deals and better kit deals. It feels like we are well behind some of the other teams in the league on the commercial side

Sounds like it’s gonna be Moshiri’s man Ryazantsev doing that stuff.

Alister taking over the finance job

I got 4 beers for my bday 2nd April and I said I’ll save them for when each of these happen

Allardyce being sacked
Walsh leaving
RE leaving
Kenwright leaving

Finally had a beer and it was Glorious, 2 more tomorrow

Isn't this sweet? Doesn't it give you the warm and fuzzies? Keeping things 'all in the family'. Not at all surprising since we are a family club, a community club. This reshuffling of the same dog-eared, coffee stained deck of cards will provide continuity...we'll continue to be great at visiting local orphanages and donating to soup kitchens for the L4 homeless and funding the manufacture of rainbow coloured laces for the LGBT community,oh and yes, we'll continue to be great at pantomimes and Blue Chrimbo malarkey...and we'll also continue to be mediocre on the footie field.
To me,it's very much a situation of 'meet the new team, same as the old team'.
Very underwhelming and so very, very Everton.
Burnley needs to look to its laurels: next season, Everton have that 7th place trophy firmly in their sights.

Do we still have a head of marketing who doesn’t know anything about football?
Does it make one jot of sense to have a head of marketing totally ignorant toward the vagary and nuance of football in the 21st century? If the answer to this question is "NO!', then you can safely presume Everton still has, in that position, just such a person.

So...

As I understand it (and disclaimer: admittedly, I don't understand a great deal...)

Elstone has bailed.

To try and replace him, they've pushed people around who have been involved with the club for 'yonks' and to help out the CEO replacement, they've allocated some of the CEOs responsibilities to others.

There's a lot to be said for continuity but feel as though the club is craving a revamp/fresh impetus/ideas - is it still only Ryazantsev who Moshiri has brought to the club?

Nothing has really changed, has it?

Seems to be more continuation mate. Some suggestion that it's only temporary and bigger changes will come further down the line, but we've hearing that for 2 years now.

To be honest I have no idea what a CEO is even meant to do in a footie club to say whether she’s gonna be any good.

Mosh has got his 2 men in key positions and DDB is the media face of the club to the outside world, which she is very good at.
Don't underestimate Denise, she is well in with the council and local government and is very switched on,
I think these a great changes, getting side show bob out and preparing the post kenwright era with a Scouser still as the face of the club.

(I'd love to watch it when Denise sacks BFS, as a dinosaur he wont like being booted out by a female!

The 2 key positions are the DOF and CCO (Chief commercial officer)...

CEO is really a figurehead appointment to 'oversee' their work -- which it appears Keith Harris is tasked with anyway.

Ryantsev and Brands (if he comes) are key + Harris to oversee them...

Back in 2002, the collapse of ITV Digital brought chaos and fear to the game. Theo Paphitis, chairman of Millwall at the time, said Dr Harris “couldn’t run a kebab shop.”

Status
Not open for further replies.