Europa league swerve or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for it. We've shown that we can't cope with European games but we're not gonna learn by avoiding Europe.

A couple of early qualifiers against very ordinary European teams should not be ruining a season. Great opportunity to give young and fringe players some competitive game time. More meaningless pre-season games in Tanzania would be more detrimental.

We need it in my opinion. If we want to be able to have a squad with 2 decent players in each position we need enough games that the back up players will get game time too. One game a week means you know the player ahead has to get an injury or serious loss of form for you to get a chance. If we get the right balance to the squad it would be a definite advantage. We made a mess this season because we had really poor options. The only downside is the early start to the season but if it has to be then at least it's more games to watch.

Get in there,Win it and Champions League here we come ! # Eternal Optimist

It has worked for Sevilla in the past and United are certainly benefitting from it. On our day I think we could beat any of the teams United beat on their way to lifting it last year.

We also need a good run to boost our co-efficients so that next time we qualify for the Champions League we get an easier draw.

Imagine what a good run in the Europa could do for the development of the likes of Holgate, DCL, Davies and Kenny etc.

Europa is crap and an absolute burden to anyone outside the top 6 until you get to the last 16 KO stages, then you start thinking about potential fixtures v good sides and dream of a boss few days on the lash in Europe for a Cup Final.

I hate the fact it means most League games before Christmas are played on a Sunday but I would love for us to win it. We would need a bigger squad depth (of actual decent players not just numbers) if we were to have any chance of even getting out the group.

The fact we would have to potentially face TNS in the Europa is hilarious.

Due to the change in format next year of the champions league, every eliminated team will drop into Europa qualifiers. That means we’d have to play 6 games (or 3 rounds) before reaching the group.

lol

Send the u23s out.

No, swerve it for a year. We’ve already got a World Cup summer to deal with. I don’t know the dates but I’m guessing it starts shortly after the World Cup finishes, which will be ridiculous. Players will barely get a rest.

God no, the first game will probably be 3 day's after our season ends.

We would go out in the group stages after suffering a 3-1 defeat to Icelandic minnows Sigur-Ros.

No, id rather we sorted out team/manager and get a decent pre season behind us, although we would attract a better standard of players with it.

Swerve

On a side note if Sam does get it for us he more then deserves the right to stay on and I would be suprised if the club don't feel the same way

I hope we don' get it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.