ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Never trust a volunteer, they either have too much time on their hands or have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, quite often both. These sorts of posts are best filled with someone who's already busy and has to have their arm twisted to get involved.

2. Also, never limit the people filling the post to fit some criteria, especially when those criteria are put in place by an unelected, faceless committee.

3. Finally, if you want a job to take longer than necessary and not get done properly, then get a committe involved.

Ignore (1) above, and #VoteWoolly

4d06b414-3ba0-4c21-8f8a-68f5444d0092-jpeg.148611

That sums it up, doesn’t it?

A society which no one knows about, trying to flout the perks of a secret society.

Clubs in a meltdown, meanwhile we’ve got a gang of Evertonians, trying to form a closed club society, in response to the European Super League.

Everyone has asked a lot of questions so far, and all we’ve had is “you’ll get your chance”.

I said it stinks and I won’t change my mind.
No organisation should have a "Life President" and certainly not one that claims to be a democratic fan group.

Seems pretty typical of this group @Tom Hughes
Not extolling my vested interest? I told everyone that i was a member of the committee of the Shareholders Society. I clearly stated we have representation on the steering group. Personally, I am not on the group. So..... I've not hidden anything, just given my opinion based on feedback at our association's meetings.

Life president - makes me laugh

Wonder what he's done to get this.

Shame on you for not knowing who Dr France is and what he's done to earn that "honorary" title.

"If yer know your History"....... if only you did? The man who did more to preserve the History of our club than anyone and you don't even know who he is? Call yourself an Evertonian.

You may need to look up "honorary"....

Shame on you for not knowing who Dr France is and what he's done to earn that "honorary" title.

"If yer know your History"....... if only you did? The man who did more to preserve the History of our club than anyone and you don't even know who he is? Call yourself an Evertonian.

Oh wow

So your self appointed group has made a decision and you don’t like people questioning it.

Learn how to take criticism better. You seen your arse in the stadium thread and now in here.

I’m sure this will go swimmingly well. You continue to believe that you represent all supporters if it makes you feel better.

Wow!

Top blue you must be lad.

You think 90% of those fans in Everton Overseas Supporter Groups, who 'you' (ESSG) have been working alongside and want to represent know who David France is.

But it's alright, you've got your 1 share, which is meaningless in reality, you're in the Super Blues Shareholder Club so clearly you're superior to all the peasant supporters.

Apologies gents..... I don't come on this all day, everyday and was out, so I missed your replies and can't reply to them all as I've still got a dog to walk and butties to make, before another trip to London.

I've clearly stated that I am on the exec of the Shareholders association and explained its connection with the steering group.... and have not tried to hide anything and to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

I understand people's concerns about transparency etc but also know some people love a drama and a conspiracy theory and some of these ravings are laughable and inane. I don't profess to know the whole story because as I've said, my involvement has been indirect and I may have missed the odd meeting of the EFCSA. However, the simple chronology as far as I know it is as follows: All clubs have had to react to the governance issue following the attempted breakaway by the infamous 6. They knew that the Government was looking at it and new legislation might even be in the pipeline, so they wanted to start the process to be ahead of the game. I believe the club initially just wanted the fans forum to act as a working party to look at the issue of better fan representation (on the board). The chairman of the fans forum insisted that it needed a far bigger grouping than just themselves to maintain independence of the process....... and invited representation from several registered fan groups to give a much broader discussion forum for this working party.

This working group looked at what was going on elsewhere, tried to gauge opinion using surveys and conducted workshops, feeding back results and progress to their respective groups.

The result is a simple basic broadbrush proposal to get a fan director on the board with an advisory group beneath him. I don't think any of that is particularly sinister and at the end of the day we all get to nominate and vote for the candidates. If you don't like the proposals contact them and say why. If you don't like the candidates, nominate you own. That's how the democratic process works.

As you were.....

I think it's important that any 'nominees' are from those outside the existing inner circle (exec committees, fans forum etc) who for years have played their part in discussions with the club and 'representing' the fans.

I keep asking but I'm hopeful someone can answer these two questions.

1. Does the fan(s) nominated have to be associated or belong with the officially recognised and endorsed/cherry picked selected EFC groups?

1639581047560-png.148598

2. Who determines/shortlists this criteria;

1639581070618-png.148599

Apologies gents..... I don't come on this all day, everyday and was out, so I missed your replies and can't reply to them all as I've still got a dog to walk and butties to make, before another trip to London.

I've clearly stated that I am on the exec of the Shareholders association and explained its connection with the steering group.... and have not tried to hide anything and to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

I understand people's concerns about transparency etc but also know some people love a drama and a conspiracy theory and some of these ravings are laughable and inane. I don't profess to know the whole story because as I've said, my involvement has been indirect and I may have missed the odd meeting of the EFCSA. However, the simple chronology as far as I know it is as follows: All clubs have had to react to the governance issue following the attempted breakaway by the infamous 6. They knew that the Government was looking at it and new legislation might even be in the pipeline, so they wanted to start the process to be ahead of the game. I believe the club initially just wanted the fans forum to act as a working party to look at the issue of better fan representation (on the board). The chairman of the fans forum insisted that it needed a far bigger grouping than just themselves to maintain independence of the process....... and invited representation from several registered fan groups to give a much broader discussion forum for this working party.

This working group looked at what was going on elsewhere, tried to gauge opinion using surveys and conducted workshops, feeding back results and progress to their respective groups.

The result is a simple basic broadbrush proposal to get a fan director on the board with an advisory group beneath him. I don't think any of that is particularly sinister and at the end of the day we all get to nominate and vote for the candidates. If you don't like the proposals contact them and say why. If you don't like the candidates, nominate you own. That's how the democratic process works.

As you were.....
Don't forget to pack yer lube darling

Status
Not open for further replies.