ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the self proclaimed worlds biggest Evertonian running the club for 20 odd years hasn't gone well, so why would having fan reps on the board change things for the better. With a fan base as big as ours how would the fan rep be selected? We were lead to believe that there was fan involvement when the club crest was redesigned and that had a terrible response.

Attachments

• dezeen_Everton-FC-new-badge_1a.jpg
    dezeen_Everton-FC-new-badge_1a.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 46
Shame on you for not knowing who Dr France is and what he's done to earn that "honorary" title.

"If yer know your History"....... if only you did? The man who did more to preserve the History of our club than anyone and you don't even know who he is? Call yourself an Evertonian.

You may need to look up "honorary"....
Call yourself an evertonian?

I was lucky enough to witness the good times of the eighties and the fa cup win in 95

Ive been a season ticket holder for over thirty years

I prefer to focus on the future and not on the past.

Seems that you and the self appointed steering group will never get anywhere watching reruns of the 66 final. I'm sure David France will tell you what boot size the players were wearing

The club is to fail with the current Board. Irrespective of who's on a "committee".

It smacks to be of being lined up as a response to the 27th minute protests.

Bill did some quick thinking and figured out which supporters groups he could bribe with false positions of importance and some seats in the director's box. Club gets to put out the PR comms that they're listening to fans at Board Level and nothing actually changes.

I don't think for a second Moshiri is giving up voting board seats to fan representation. Especially, representation from fans groups that Bill has effectively managed during his tenure as owner.
If an independent football regulator is appointed by the government/DCMS then fan representation on all club boards is highly likely to be mandated… Moshiri won’t have any choice but to agree to it.

That doesn’t mean to say though that the club would accept anybody, and whoever is elevated to the board will likely come under intense scrutiny to ensure they’re not a club patsy.

It smacks to be of being lined up as a response to the 27th minute protests.

Bill did some quick thinking and figured out which supporters groups he could bribe with false positions of importance and some seats in the director's box. Club gets to put out the PR comms that they're listening to fans at Board Level and nothing actually changes.

I don't think for a second Moshiri is giving up voting board seats to fan representation. Especially, representation from fans groups that Bill has effectively managed during his tenure as owner.
It’s not a response to #27, it’s come about as a result of the Fan Led Review of football by the DCMS and headed up by Tracey Crouch.

Call yourself an evertonian?

I was lucky enough to witness the good times of the eighties and the fa cup win in 95

Ive been a season ticket holder for over thirty years

I prefer to focus on the future and not on the past.

Seems that you and the self appointed steering group will never get anywhere watching reruns of the 66 final. I'm sure David France will tell you what boot size the players were wearing

The club is to fail with the current Board. Irrespective of who's on a "committee".

Yet you didn't even know who Dr David France was..........

Having the self proclaimed worlds biggest Evertonian running the club for 20 odd years hasn't gone well, so why would having fan reps on the board change things for the better. With a fan base as big as ours how would the fan rep be selected? We were lead to believe that there was fan involvement when the club crest was redesigned and that had a terrible response.

We need to bring back the cartoon badge, it gave the players special powers.

I don't support fan representation on the board.

I just want a board with top level professional who are actually willing to listen to fans, and on a wide scale. Not just a select few.

Totally agree. This is box ticking of the worst kind. Likely to set us back another 20 years. Just get hard nosed, talented people in to run all aspects of the business and tell Kenwright to get packing, the odious toad. As for Dr France, I don't care how many programmes he owns, when he talks about Everton FC he can't help himself from likening Liverpool to Beirut, the silly old get.

Shame on you for not knowing who Dr France is and what he's done to earn that "honorary" title.

"If yer know your History"....... if only you did? The man who did more to preserve the History of our club than anyone and you don't even know who he is? Call yourself an Evertonian.

You may need to look up "honorary"....
How many goals did Dr France score for us pal?

Why would every Evertonian know who he is????

Apologies gents..... I don't come on this all day, everyday and was out, so I missed your replies and can't reply to them all as I've still got a dog to walk and butties to make, before another trip to London.

I've clearly stated that I am on the exec of the Shareholders association and explained its connection with the steering group.... and have not tried to hide anything and to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

I understand people's concerns about transparency etc but also know some people love a drama and a conspiracy theory and some of these ravings are laughable and inane. I don't profess to know the whole story because as I've said, my involvement has been indirect and I may have missed the odd meeting of the EFCSA. However, the simple chronology as far as I know it is as follows: All clubs have had to react to the governance issue following the attempted breakaway by the infamous 6. They knew that the Government was looking at it and new legislation might even be in the pipeline, so they wanted to start the process to be ahead of the game. I believe the club initially just wanted the fans forum to act as a working party to look at the issue of better fan representation (on the board). The chairman of the fans forum insisted that it needed a far bigger grouping than just themselves to maintain independence of the process....... and invited representation from several registered fan groups to give a much broader discussion forum for this working party.

This working group looked at what was going on elsewhere, tried to gauge opinion using surveys and conducted workshops, feeding back results and progress to their respective groups.

The result is a simple basic broadbrush proposal to get a fan director on the board with an advisory group beneath him. I don't think any of that is particularly sinister and at the end of the day we all get to nominate and vote for the candidates. If you don't like the proposals contact them and say why. If you don't like the candidates, nominate you own. That's how the democratic process works.

As you were.....
Good look for you lot writing off concerns about transparency as laughable insanity.

Boy do I feel represented here.

If an independent football regulator is appointed by the government/DCMS then fan representation on all club boards is highly likely to be mandated… Moshiri won’t have any choice but to agree to it.

That doesn’t mean to say though that the club would accept anybody, and whoever is elevated to the board will likely come under intense scrutiny to ensure they’re not a club patsy.
Fan representation on the board is still vague and doesn't necessarily equate to a board vote.

If it is being mandated by the government then Everton get no credit for doing it now. They're just getting ahead of the regulation to use it for PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.